Bag Interference During Intimate Moments: Any Solutions?

Replies
Views
Past Member

Now Pete, that's a story I want to hear!!!

tarababy

Hey guys!!!! Miss me? I missed you guys...I'm back and still full of it so all's good with the universe. I got a new computer..WOW!!! What a difference..Now I have to learn a few things all over again...Wish me luck...How's the other Angels doing? And anyone heard from Mazz yet? Ok take care and bring on the fun...xxxx

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Ok Miss T, I wondered why you were so quiet. Of course we missed you. Fiesty is almost back to normal from the storm. Haven't heard from Meg, I think she is real busy right now.. You know how it is, we all been in that situation.

vulcanBMk2

Two nuns taking a bath together, one nun says, "Where's the soap?" The other nun says, "Yeah, doesn't it!!!"

tarababy

Awe!! Just too funny...

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member

Question: Why do women close their eyes during sex?

Answer: They hate to see a man having fun!!!

tarababy

Q) Why don't women blink during sex?
A) We don't get enough time.

Past Member

Question: Name 1 food proven to make a woman frigid

Answer: Wedding cake!!!

meglb

Hi everyone---just got out of the hospital --in for 9 days--bad kidney infection again! Am home on IV antibiotics for 2-3 weeks-- I'm not up to much chat yet, but will be soon. I have not deserted my online friends! I'm reading forum today to catch up! --------Meg

Past Member

Well, shuck my corn!! Welcome back Meg... Thank goodness.. I was thinking we were going to have to audition for that 3rd angel spot.
Hope you get back on your feet quickly.

meglb

MMsh----gone 9 days and you were going to audition for a replacement!
I'm mad at you! Okay, I'm over it----BUT---you will have to do some serious groveling to get back in my good graces--anytime you're ready...
If you're feeling bad, I do like roses and chocolates. If you're feeling REALLY bad, I accept Visa and Mastercard.-------------------------- Meg

meglb

Walt - thank you for your kind words - we are a family here - and I liked the big hug idea, thanks everyone! - Meg

meglb

Walt - thank you again - I've never been one to share when I feel like #@#$!! So, here goes - I feel like @#$%$# - This is quite liberating!!
I HATE THIS IV (pic line) - they could only put it in my right arm - it's sore. It itches, I have trouble sleeping with it - the antibiotic is so strong I am constantly nauseous, run down, and exhausted! I have two more weeks to go - and will have it removed the day before I go to Myrtle Beach on vacation.
So, thanks for listening and I look forward to becoming my old self again in a couple weeks. We all have our ups and downs, this is my downtime.
---------------------------------------------------------Meg

tarababy

Oh my goodness!! Meg, darling girl.....Walter, why didn't you say mazz, (duh), silly me was getting people mixed up...So sorry I haven't been on to greet you back and see how you are and give you my best wishes...Gee, I feel terrible, Meg, sorry but been in my own little space lately...Out of it now so all good...So glad to have you back. So sorry to hear you're doing it yucky at the moment, but as you can see, your support group/friends/new family.....are really pleased to see you back...Keep on smiling and we will chat soon...MWAH!!!!

bobgeorge909
I know and have been constantly told that it's cool to swim with one of these.    I've had mine for about 2 months now.    It just doesn't seem feasible.    Won't the water and movement just let the bag pop off?    I don't get it.    I know taking showers are okay, but I really like taking baths...is that okay?    Spas too...are getting in spas okay.    I would think the hot water would make it come loose....I just don't know.    This is all so new to me.    As far as sex and feeling comfortable and how to make it unnoticeable...I HAVE NO CLUE.    It's difficult for me to even masturbate, let alone someone else see that bad and want them to vomit on me.

I suppose after time I will get more comfortable, but as of 2:30 PM PST,    I despise this thing and it's ruined my self-image (gawd, that sounds like girl talk...lol)
Past Member

Hey man, interesting first post. Believe I would avoid long hot baths and the spa, just jump in the shower and be quick about it and you won't have any trouble. Things will get better, most things in this life are about attitude.. so get a positive one and work to keep it. Everybody has something wrong with them, the point is to overcome it.... Ever heard the saying..."Who dares..wins"?

tarababy

Hi there, yes it is a bit of a hard road you're on at the moment but Mr. Mild said it perfectly. It's all in the attitude, and things do get better. And I would wait a while until you go into a spa. I have and it was fine for a little while... Like all things in this lifestyle, everything in moderation. Hang in there... chin up as they say. Ok, take care.... Tarababy

AnnieDevon

Hi all, I am newish.

I have had my colostomy for just over a year now, and I call it Winnie, as in the bear.

I have a hot tub in the back garden, and although I don't use it as often as I want or indeed should (electric bill too high), I don't have a problem. Once out and showered, leave your bag for 20 minutes or so, and then change it if you feel you need to.

Not sure how I would feel if in a public spa though.

Past Member
Hi,

I have had my ileostomy for years. I take a quick shower or a long hot bath. No problems. I always change the bag after as I don't want a wet soggy one on. Now and again I take it off while in the shower but not often because it starts working! I don't go swimming as I can't swim but have many times been in the pool in the past, no problems, I even had swimming lessons but failed to learn! As for sex, chance would be a fine thing at the moment! Haha! Seriously, it's been more of a problem for me than partners I have had but it's not stopped me, but I do feel ugly. I wonder if it's different for a woman if her man has a bag. Mmmm. It's early days for you yet, just take your time and recover first. Love can overcome many things, but you have to find it first and let it grow.
Past Member

I recently purchased this item on eBay. It works wonderfully. I have not tested it with intimacy, but I would be willing to bet it is better than anything else available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OSTOMY-BELT-POUCH-STOMA-COVER-GREAT-PRODUCT_W0QQitemZ190258870256QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190258870256 _trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318 _trksid=p3911.c0.m14
Smuggy925

I can relate to not being comfortable... I have a colostomy at 51 years old... and don't think I will ever be intimate again.

I am new here... hence the late reply.

Smuggy925
Ha!    I have also given my stoma a name... it's "Maxie", had mine for almost 2 years
Past Member
Welcome Smuggy, I don't think I would give up so easily. If I can manage to
"bag some booty," surely everyone else can too. Personally, I just use one of those waist wraps like some folks use when exercising. Put on a small pouch and the wrap. If you're uncomfortable, turn off the light. Woman on your back, raise your legs. Man on your side and slide in close. Everything should be lined up.... so batter up and let's win this ball game!!
Man, grab both ankles and adjust those legs (hers) to suit you, now hold them there. Woman, better reach back and grab that headboard because Daddy is bringing it home!! Now see how easy that was.... any questions??
tarababy

Awe!!!!! Well, you just get right to the point, Mr. Mild. No wonder I like you... And, I'm with you. There is no reason in the universe for any ostomate to not be getting laid whenever possible. Okay, even I know it takes time to adjust, but go steady until you get the confidence. And trust me, you will wonder why you have held back and made yourself go without it. Nothing wrong with some good clean fun between consenting adults... whether they have any extras or not. Oh, and naming it can help for the healing process. Mine is 'Billy the Bag', 'Wally the Wafer', and 'Stanley the Stoma'. And you see... this is the only way I'll get to say, "I'm in bed with 3 guys at once"... hehehehehehe.

Past Member

Hey Miss T, I was beginning to wonder if I scared everybody off with this post. Thank goodness I didn't mention the live chicken weedwacker trick.

tarababy

MMMMM!!!! I think maybe you could email me that one... lmao. A good way to get my attention, by the way G, thanks. I'm still around, just busy with working and the normal run of life in general. Too buggered to do much by the time I get home... so I have a read and put a word in occasionally.
Wondering how many out there in the cyber-world know about Melbourne Cup Day here actually... I don't normally let people know when my birthday is, but every so many years it falls on Melbourne Cup Day... And that's the day a HORSE RACE stops the nation at 3pm, so I am going to party!!!!.. That's P-A-R-T-Y!... Champagne breakfast... then see what evolves from there... Knowing me, it could be a fun day. And not having to work for two days after that... the hangover could be painful. I'll be taking a gamble, so wish me luck... wouldn't know a good horse if I fell over it... to me they are all beautiful, but that won't win me a small fortune, will it...
Later G, take it easy, and oh if you feel you should share the other story, I say go for it...

Past Member

Well, happy birthday Miss T!! Not sure if someone so young and innocent can handle the live chicken weedeater thing.... maybe when you're a little older. Sounds like the Melbourne Cup Day is similar to the Kentucky Derby we have here. Here's a drinking tip just in case you haven't heard it:
Beer before whiskey.... mighty risky
Whiskey before beer..... never fear
Easy to remember and very true.

tarababy

Awe!!!! Thanks G..but if I have at any time let you think I'm sweet and innocent.....then I am not on the ball as much as I'd like to be...(hehehehehe) ....Think you're forgetting also what my career was and some of the 'scenes' I was exposed to... Sheesh!!! Now I know why I have so much grey.....and yes, you're right about your Kentucky Derby to our Melbourne Cup.
And as far as the beer? You can drink all of that....don't touch it...as for the whiskey...bring it on.....as you guys say, 'on the rocks please'. But I'm starting with a champagne breakfast at where I work...they are used to me going in dressed different and sexy, and I won't be the only one, lots of ladies will be all tarted up. Getting ready to go to the races...That's when a video-cam is handy....film them all dressed up and most looking absolutely gorgeous. All putting on the airs and graces and being lovely ladies. Little pinky in the air as they drink or eat at the 'ladies day race' ...Lots of hot sun and warm champers......5 hours later just sit back and watch the fun as they ....what would you call it? Fall (pour) out of the gates to stand on or in the gutter yelling and screaming or sharing their days drinking with the footpath....lmao...nicer way to say it, could have said throwing their little tummies up. Ahh..alcohol..wonderful invention.....Anyway guys...take it easy...PS....trust me I can handle it.. .

live_love_laugh

Hello everyone. This feels strange. I have lived with my ostomy for 14 years now and am okay with how I am. But why is it that every time I get close to a man and finally get the courage to tell him, he suddenly disappears? Are men really that shallow?

tarababy

Hi there newcomer, love the nickname by the way.....I know from first hand how shallow people/men can be, like all of us...But I believe that being honest right up, within first or second meeting. If the guy has come back a second time, it's time to share. He's interested enough obviously, so now you make what you have a bit stronger, and let him know you're telling him something in confidence... so, if he likes you, that will impress him, that you trust him enough to share something so personal... Bingo, here comes a 3rd date etc.....if they don't come back, then at least you know, either way...The ones who stay are worth the wait. And your ego will love you for it. Most I have told...have said it doesn't make me who I am and we get on with whatever we are doing.....Give it a try, you just never know....cheers and good luck....Tara