Bag Interference During Intimate Moments: Any Solutions?

Replies
Views
Past Member

Just give me a minute! I have to get up off the floor. OK then, that was great. Mild manner, may I please use this one? And tarra, I have to go with you on that thought too! We should start a thread on Dreamland.4 us.

Hi all! Heard similar, but it's how it was delivered that makes :twisted:. Will finish later.

boss2me

Past Member
Sure Tom, go ahead.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,463 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

curly-pussycat

Has nobody answered this guy? Spooning is where the guy is right behind the woman holding her close.
Best part about it is that you're laid on your side so arms and legs don't get tired and you can go at it for as long as it takes, lol.
Give it a try folks, it's even safe to leave the light on too.

Michelle x

tarababy

Thanks Curly... was trying to find this post for 2 days... Never said I was clever.... anyway G, I'm shocked... A man of the world like yourself and you have to ask what spooning is?!! Could have blown me over with a whistle. Spooning is the best position for a lot of things... Great way to fall asleep too... And you need to know if you're the big spoon (the one behind the other) or the little spoon (the one being spooned). But if you're planning to do more than just spoon and go to sleep, beta make sure the big spoon is the one with the extension cord and not the plug, okay... Otherwise, there will be some shoveling going on... hehehe... I like to swap that role... big spoon one night, little spoon the next... and this is to go to sleep with... I know where your mind was going then. (I'm only capable of being the little sexual-spoon... i.e., the receiver not the giver.) Well, if I don't go now, I'm going to need that shovel to dig myself out of this one... later mwah!!!!

Past Member

Thank you ladies for the explanation, I have never heard that term before.
I must say I am a bit disappointed, was hoping ice cream or something similar requiring a "spoon" was involved. If you ladies could combine food and sex.... well us men wouldn't have a chance (do we anyhow??)
Hey, that reminds me... never fry bacon naked.... don't ask how I know this!!
Come on guys, back me up here....... would there be anything more sexy than a beautiful naked woman covered in bacon???? ;

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Hi all:

Hey G, Tara, and Curly Pussycat, all that spooning does get the appetite a little worked up. And bacon sounds inviting. Wish I had some. Mr. G, have you ever had Canadian back bacon? This too would be good with a spoon. So when you ladies talk about spooning, is that like mooning? I would enjoy that! Oh, that's just sick. As for the spooning, is this spoon a teaspoon or a tablespoon? Man, I am getting hungry. I have also heard of knifings, mostly in the big cities. Have any of you ladies tried some forking before? 'Cause this sounds good too. You ladies just like treating us men like a blood utensil, and we have feelings too, you know. And for the big jobs, you could use a shovel. That would be just so weird. Hopefully, I have helped you, mild manner, and that's what us men do - "stick together" type of guys. Sort of thing.

Bostomy

tarababy

Mmmm, ok then Bostomy..lol....well this conversation could get fun. As far as the bacon goes...well you guys can have that. I see way too much of it at work, and if it's not crispy, I won't eat it. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm going off-track here. Someone better or it's going to get to R-rated.. Not that I would mind, anyway food and sex.. what a great conversation. Should we even go there? Oh hell why not. Honey-whipped cream-Maltesers....that's all I'm saying..

curly-pussycat

Well, I'm not so sure about beautiful naked women covered in bacon! LOL, as a vegetarian I much prefer something sweet, makes the whole event one big dessert.....
Anyway, that's a great ice breaker too, don't you think? At least if the two of you (presuming there are only two) are having a giggle with food, making a mess and stuff, the whole subject of the 'something extra' we are wearing pales into significance.
After all, the subject here is how to cope with it 'getting in the way'. I think I've resurrected the original posting and got it back on track..... LOL

Keep loving
Michelle x

Past Member

Did we drift off topic??? Anyhow, I'm not a vegetarian, I'm a Sagittarius!!! Lol, just teasing you. Anyhow, the discussion doesn't really get good sometimes until you drift just a bit.
Tom, sorry but just American bacon for me... Although I'm sure your Canadian stuff is good too. I take my bacon crispy too, Miss T.

tarababy

Hi guys, Michelle, and thanks by the way. We did go off track a little, but as G says, it can be fun for a little while... Plus, can't all these things just about help cover up what we are all trying to hide anyway?... lol... I know a couple of slices of bacon would cover mine... and an egg on each... umm!... yeah, okay, well might be a tad hot, so think I might stick with you Michelle on the sweets instead. Bostomy, sorry can't comment on American bacon, never had it. I do know you guys love bacon with pancakes that are smothered in maple syrup... Hey there ya go!! Can kill two birds with the one stone... Bacon for... Pancakes for... oh never mind... Next!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve_P

Hi
I just use a wide bandage fold up the bottom and put bandage around.
Seems to work well had no problems at all .....

WaldenHDT

Hey, fairly new to the site. I too love beautiful women and bacon...err...I mean. I always use the marshmallow and tape method for the whole sex scenario. Marshmallows will slow the output down pretty well, and I tuck up like most have mentioned. I put tape on the pouch, then another piece of tape as a fastener, so the first piece keeps you from ripping the pouch or pouch cover once it is removed and you are spooning and eating bacon.

tarababy

Well done, you got most things to happen all in the one round.. Shame the dessert comes before the main.... Love ya way of thinking.. I find also if the job gets done right, half an hour later I'm out looking to eat a cow I'm so hungry....

davidlf

A was paranoid at first but now it's a big part of my life. A don't care, A just let it flap about. LOL

Past Member

Hi guys, I am new here, with some input,
for those intimate moments check out
www.intimatemomentsapparel.com
She has great cover-ups for both male and female.
She's a 3-time cancer survivor and a double ostomate.

Just thought I'd pass this tidbit of info along.

Past Member

That is why I refer to my ostomy as "My Demon" ... during sex is the absolutely horrific time for that darn thing to expose itself and get in the way. I have done the tucking and taping and hiding as well in so many ways. There were times I simply wore a mini skirt and just left it hidden under there...but there are, for women, some really nice silky, lacy garments for just around the tummy area that hide it very well and look pretty. I miss having tummy skin on tummy skin though...that would be nice, I hate covering that little area all the time but would freak out terribly if I didn't. As for you fellas, personally, I wouldn't care if my male partner had it hidden or not, wouldn't make a bit of difference to me...but besides the tape idea which can be uncomfortable, you can also try Ace Bandage. Much love to all from your Wounded Doe

nakedinthesunt

This may help out with some of the guys at least. My wife and I are naturist/nudists and have been going to a clothing optional hot springs for years. For the first 5 or 6 months after my surgery, I just didn't go at all. Then I went a couple of times and just sat there with my clothes on and visited with friends. I wanted to get back in the water so bad I went looking for an answer. I found an inexpensive and somewhat narrow lower back support brace at Wal-Mart. When I got it home, I discovered it was kind of in two pieces. The wider brace part and then a removable elastic band with Velcro that you use to keep the brace tight. I only use that piece for swimming. It's just wide enough (about 4") so that if I fold the bottom of the pouch up and the top down, it covers it completely.
Also, for intimate times after my exhausting search, I ended up at a Bridal and Tux shop and bought the cheapest cummerbund they had. It's comfy, softer, and covers very well.

Past Member
Until this very second, I never wondered if it would bother me. I admit it. It would. Having that thing dangle and sway would be quite a distraction for me. That's why I cover.

I agree though. I so miss skin on skin. My covers are small and pretty but wrap all the way around. It would be nice to have the back free.
Telecaster

First post here, and sorry for resurrecting an oldish thread.

I use a stretchy waistband thing I got from a stoma supplier in the UK. It is lycra and covers over the bag completely, leaving everything else accessible, available, and unhindered.

Either that or because I tend to sleep in small boxer short type things, I tend to take my top off and leave the shorts on if it's more spontaneous.

The bag only gets in the way with some sex; it doesn't get in the way of other things you can do that are fun and pleasurable.

beatrice
Hi Tara,

I'm new here (and a new ileostomate - Dec. 15th) ... where exactly are the photos?

My three biggest worries were/are blockages, hernias, and sex (so far I've had one of those - blockage).

Hubby is loving, totally not grossed out, and says I'm still sexy, and he's more than ready for intercourse (we've been intimate other ways right from the day I got back home.)

Me, I'm still sore/healing and would feel better with the poo covered up for intercourse. See surgeon next week for the 'official ok' to start. I'm thinking that covering the poo with a fabric 'something' would feel better against hubby's skin, and it would ease my mind. I'd feel prettier - sigh - what the female mind can do to us!

Love the frank and funny discussions!

Beatrice
Info in profile
lottagelady
Hi, try

www.thewhiterosecollection.com

They have some quite good ones in their Romance Originals collection, or even Comfizz do just a plain black band which I use too, just keeps it out of the way...
beatrice

Thanks for the site!

Also, I really like this and have ordered one: http://www.myheartties.com/coverlet.php?osCsid=db54617c6dd9ec2f98ffad3d262236e5 Not cheap, but I just loved the light pink one.

Was concerned that my ostomy pouch was kinda big/long and talked to the rep. Of course, you empty and roll fold the pouch up... she assured me it would fit. And that most ileostomates find it's fine for an hour.

At hubby and my age, an hour is more than enough time.

Rhian

I have to say I feel bad about my figure since my stoma, but my husband makes me feel worse. He's a lot older than me, by 22 years, and has erectile dysfunction. But we still used to touch each other. However, around 6 months before my operation, he "lost the urge, can't be arsed" apparently. So for over two years, I've been celibate. Since my stoma, it's made me feel much worse about this lack of intimacy. I've tried talking about it, saying I still feel in need of intimacy, but he's not the type to talk easily about such things. I've tried touching him, but he just rolls over and shuts me out in bed, so I just stay miserable. I've got to the stage where I don't think I'll ever be in a sexual relationship again, and I hate it and get depressed. At 45, I'm a nun! I have the black deep lacy/satin suspender belt that hides it, and he says my stoma doesn't bother him. I know that's true because when I've had major leaks with green yuck pouring out everywhere in the past when the Crohn's was at its worst after the colostomy, he didn't bat an eyelid and helped clean the bedroom floor! So I need some ideas on what I'm supposed to do, please?

beatrice

Poor you! It does sound like it's his problem and not so much related to your ostomy ... is that right?

Has he seen a doc? If he's healthy, there are those little blue pills. That's quite an age difference, maybe he's just not feeling 'it' anymore and doesn't want to disappoint you. Perhaps a complete physical checkup is due?

Lots of guys seem to think that hugging/cuddling/touching has to lead to penetration. So if they are not feeling like doing the penetrating (for whatever reason) they also don't do the cuddling, etc. And it's no secret that women love the huggy foreplay part of intimacy a lot and don't necessarily need it to lead to penetration. Does he know that you would be okay with lots of hugging and touching for now ... saying you're sad and don't know why that has stopped?

Keep trying to talk about it - that's what I'd do. And the doc check-up.

Don't lose heart,
Beatrice

lottagelady

I agree with Beatrice to a great extent, though I suspect that asking him to go get a check-up will go down like a lead balloon....

"Can't be arsed" says to me that he may be as depressed about it (or maybe something else?) as you are, but you know men, they just don't generally 'do' doctors until they really have to ....

I really don't know what to suggest, except that if it were me I would probably have to really confront him about it - but then I can be a bit of a stroppy mare! Dunno - is everything else okay with your relationship?

Good luck with it all

Rach xxx

Past Member

I'm due to have my colostomy in six days. You seem like just the person I need to talk to! I haven't had the nerve to ask my doctor a major question: How long after the surgery before it's safe to have sex? I'm female, if that matters. I'm sure my husband would like to know, too!

Past Member

OK, I can answer this. I bought the black stealth belts and zipped up my bag, and I can wear them to bed. So, after two weeks of being home, you will want sex again, or at least I did. I don't know your whole situation. I had no radiation or anything like that. Just be careful of where you were cut and your stoma. It's not that hard. You will figure it out, I promise, 'cause I did without asking anyone. Jenny

Past Member

Rhian, I really was in a convent when I was young. I am so sorry you feel like this. I hope his heart is in good condition and he might need a check-up. Those blue pills are really okay if a man has no heart trouble. Anyway, a 60-something-year-old man should have no trouble with sex unless his blood flow is bad. I just haven't seen that in my life. I do know you can rent movies, but the oldies are the best with the Lynn girls in them. Porsche was my favorite, but Amber and her other sister are good also. Men at that age sometimes just need a lot more help. I would have sent you all my tapes, but I gave them up several years ago for my church. I still think you can believe in God and have a great sex life, and God understands or he wouldn't have given us all these feelings. But the truth is, I believe any woman can pretty much make a healthy man want sex. But I don't know his personality, so I can't speak for him. I just have one awesome husband, and when I want him in the mood, I just use the cell phone and talk about what I am doing when he is on his way home, and things go great. But I used pay phones years ago, even at the store when buying food, to get my husband in that mood. I am a pro at it. But anyone can learn to be good, and men love it. I really felt bad when I read your story, but sex is something I know something about. God bless, good luck, and I hope things go better for you both, Jenny.

eehuffman

I use the belt from my bathrobe to keep the bag in place. It is adjustable, soft, and discreet. I can take it off when I am finished with no problem.

swiffer

I will show my age again. After thinking about it for some time, I remembered the old tops the girls used to wear back when I was in my 20s. {I don't remember what they called them}, but they are just a cloth with elastic on the top and bottom, and they fit over their ta-tas and around the back. About 6 to 8" wide. Most of the time, the girls would bounce out of them. I bought one that fits around my mid-section, and it keeps the pouch covered and in place. Okay, girls, what do you call those tops? All the girls had them in the 70s.