Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,591 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,591 OstoMates.

Gets In The Way!

Go to page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
  Past Member
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:27 pm
Not all men are jerks, just like not all women are jerks. I don't know if I've been lucky or what, but I've never had a guy care about my ostomy. When I tell them (and I always do it in a lighthearted way so that it's clear that it's not a big deal to me and therefore shouldn't be a big deal to them), they always ask these two questions:

1) sooooo, you have a bag of poop on your side? (me: if I don't empty it, yes) and
2) does your vag still work?  Wink

I heard this awhile back and fully believe it: Any guy who walks away from you simply because of an ostomy is not a real man, and has no place in your life.

C.
  Past Member
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:52 pm
I just want to back up CKNC on this one. I've been intimate with three men since I had my illeostomy, and each one asked:

a) What is that?
b) Does it hurt?
c) Can you still have sex?
d) (one guy asked this) Can it explode if we go deep sea diving. I said "Not if I empty it first " =)

And then each one went on their own quest with YouTube and Google to find out exactly what it was, and if they could hurt it by accident by throwing me around the bedroom.

They can't hurt it. Wink

Thanks CKNC, more people need to know - there is nothing to be afraid of.
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Less Pressure More Protection
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:03 pm
HAHAHA fantastic does your vag still work i would say hell No it never worked a day in its life as Im not a hooker and poor ole vag dont get paid LMAO  Good luck and its great to know its best not to freak others out if we keep the sense of humour people wont see you as an osty but a person cheers loved the read Mooza aust..
  Past Member
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 pm

mooza wrote:
HAHAHA fantastic does your vag still work i would say hell No it never worked a day in its life as Im not a hooker and poor ole vag dont get paid LMAO  Good luck and its great to know its best not to freak others out if we keep the sense of humour people wont see you as an osty but a person cheers loved the read Mooza aust..

hah Smile I like that about the working bit!! I'm going to remember that one!
Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:47 pm

I have had my bladder removed as I have a I leal conduit with wee bag also I have a permanent colostomy.  due to nerve compression low spine. Once u have ur bladder removed u can't get a erecting.  With me with my spinal injury I can't feel much in that area I am now disabled. But I have proved the wrong I can still walk with a stick my right side is weak but I get around. All my stuff could have been avoided I got a huge compensation. But my life as been turned up side down. I will get worse as I age I am 56 now.

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:34 pm

i havnt had any intermate moments since iv had my stoma,

and i dont think i will again,  icouldnt even imagin telling a man i had a bag, 

so sister leah for me from now on, lol

leah x

Past Member
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:19 am

Leah!! Unacceptable Smile

Please don't let your bag stop you from being intimate with someone. You deserve happiness and freedom after what you have already been thru. Be brave, and be confident that most real men don't care you have some extra tummy packaging.

its scary as hell getting the information out of your mouth, but when they are good men and react by being more gentle with you, and doing background research so they understand your situation - well you just end up wanting that man more than ever. And thats a good place to be. Please don't nun yourself up Wink

Past Member
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Jesus i cant keep up with my girlfriend hahahhaha

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Oh poor Liam, stop your complaining, we normal people don't want to hear about your escapades.

Good for you keep it up cool

Past Member
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:55 pm

surprisedI do, I do!!

just kidding..

sort of.. LOLwink

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Hey Liam,

Guess your post, of which I was informed, didn't meet certain criteria, since it "doesn't exist", and admin must have deleted it.

Poor Agnoka, is missing out on the exitement.

But I'm glad that you can keep (it) up.

Cheers, Ed

Past Member
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:55 am

your sex life is only affected if you let it affect you.. all you need to do is.. empty your bag before you go on the job and pretend its not even their... a understanding partner wont even care.. never has affected me and never will not going to brag but i tell them before i have sex that i have it and to be honest 9/10 dont even bat a eyelid.. a problem only occurs when you lighten the problem.. if you act confident and arrogant then they dont see a problem TRUST ME!

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:33 am
liamcupra wrote:

your sex life is only affected if you let it affect you.. all you need to do is.. empty your bag before you go on the job and pretend its not even their... a understanding partner wont even care.. never has affected me and never will not going to brag but i tell them before i have sex that i have it and to be honest 9/10 dont even bat a eyelid.. a problem only occurs when you lighten the problem.. if you act confident and arrogant then they dont see a problem TRUST ME!

And that is a life lesson. Well said you arrogant s.o.b. lol

wink

Past Member
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:27 pm

i know exactly how you feel

Past Member
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:52 am

Stop supporting chelsea Razz thats stressfull enough! Wink

Go to page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.