3 cloves garlic

1 lb ripe tomatoes

1 medium sweet onion sliced and diced

¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped

¼ cup ketchup

3 dashes of hot sauce (whatever kind)

½ teaspoon dried oregano

1 fresh serrano chili sliced and diced

Salt and pepper to taste (1/4 teaspoon of each)

Thaw shrimp, (you can boil raw shrimp if you like) remove tails and cut into 2-3 pieces, put in glass bowl and add lime juice.

Chop tomatoes, removing seeds but reserving juice. Chop remaining ingredients and add everything to the shrimp. Mix well.

Serve on tostadas. Enjoy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Pirrip

Sounds lovely!

I can't be bothered with all that work for something I could get from a peanut and jam sandwich! Just too lazy!

Dinners must not take more than three minutes actual doing stuff. E.g. opening a tin, putting in the toast, frying

an egg, you get the idea. I guess I am unsophisticated, so be it. A good friend has just been round with some

nice stuff and cheered me right up, I was real bluesy, what a tonic! Life can always surprise us. Like I was quite

surprised to wake up with a stoma after an op! Ah well, keep the right side of the grass! x

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

My recipes: granola bar, one pickled egg. One song by Lightning Hopkins: "Baby Please Don't Go." Am I telling myself well? Every time I open a can, I forget if I'm feeding the cats or me. I don't do well with cooking.

vikinga

Sounds good Xnine! Thanks. I would add avocado.

xnine

I do not think I would mix it in, but sliced on top would be a nice addition. Let me know your results.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
GraphX12

Mom's Egg Casserole

6 eggs

12 oz. milk

6 slices white bread

6 slices bacon

Package of grated cheddar cheese

Margarine / butter

*Cut bacon into 1-inch squares and fry until crisp.

*Beat eggs and milk in a bowl.

*Grease casserole dish with margarine / butter.

*Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and line the bottom of the casserole dish.

*Mix bacon squares into the egg mixture and pour over bread cubes.

*Cover the top of the mixture with grated cheese.

*Bake in the oven @350o for 35 to 45 min.

Mmmm mmmm good!

Mrs.A

This is not my recipe but it sure sounds good to me! It is from a site called Pork Checkoff. They even have it on video on YouTube.

Perfect Pulled Pork

3-4 pound boneless pork shoulder
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water

Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl and rub evenly over the roast. Place the meat in a slow cooker. Add water. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours or until the pork is very tender. Remove the pork to a large cutting board or platter and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Pull, slice, or chop to serve.

xnine

Thanks, looks like a couple of good ones.

xnine

Tried the egg casserole today. I added some fried onions. It makes a nice breakfast or lunch.

GraphX12

Yes! All through my UC years, onions never agreed with me. Now, since my surgery, I've often thought of adding some - for that extra little bite :-).