Lifespan

In this discussion
Replies
Views
runadhar

What is the maximum Life Span of colostomates post surgery

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

maddie50322

Whatever it would be for someone without an ostomy. It doesn't change lifespan. The only exception would be if you have some other condition that effects your lifespan. Typically ostomys are lifesaving for people.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Angelicamarie

runadhar, I googled ;your question,perhaps it would be better for you to take a look. Also I would assume if there were other health problems that would play a part. Have you looked at collection , there is an abundance of information on ;many subjects. Hope that helped to some degree. Good luck!!! There are many that have lived for many years with a colostomy. Angelicamarie

xnine

I posted on this a while back. Go to forums on the blue title bar. Select that. Scroll down to Thoughts before and after surgery. Select that and find Life expectancy after ostomy. I was thinking that in general people are not living as long as the experts say. There are older people but there a lot of people that die young or before their time.

mild_mannered_super_hero

no sure on the medical data. . . . but i plan on living forever, so far so good:)

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member

First time I asked the same question was to the raidation tech she said her mother had a pouch for over half her life she is in her 70s.over 40 years.its a mind over mater 101 to the max thing you know confidence is very sexy don't you think.happy trails jerz from B town

Xerxes

This topic has been covered in here and the reponses were rather voluminous.

X_

ron in mich
Hi randahar I got my ileo. when I was 35 and I just celebrated my 67th. birthday.
Past Member

I lived a long time with the throne now its the pouch for the last five years.i hope you don't have any reacurence.have one mate.

luv2golf

I agree, i would have died if i didn't get a colostomy at 20 yrs old and now 49 and still going. i have had other complications from my Crohns, including heart issues to due to dehydration, but i haven't my bag stop me from doing whatever i want!

Lisa