Tell it like it is

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

Hey Ostomates, Live from Dary'ls house feat. Aaron Neville- "Tell It Like It Is" (Utube).

Angelicamarie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,103 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Angelicamaie. You appear to have a panchant for picking songs that portray emotional love as unreliable and hurtful. Ther are so many of them written ans sung, that one would think that people (such as myself)  would learn that there are better things in life to do with one's time than spend it chasing such an unprdictable dream.

Best wishes

Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Angelicamarie

Bill, in response to your comments: though I can't write as eloquent as you, I will do my best.

It appears you feel The songs that I pick are all similar. I cannot please the world, that is already shown by the views that I get. You spoke in the plural sense, I will speak for myself.

I'm not chasing a dream, trying to cheer people up. One cannot please the world!!! I only try to touch whoever I can, sorry it's not up to your standards.

Angelicamarie

Bill

Hello Angelicamarie.  I'm sorry if my comments insinuated that I was talking about you. This was not the case. I was Imply listening to the words of the songs and interpreting  the sentiments as a reflection on this thing we call emotional love.  For the record, I feel you do a great job of talking to people and cheering  them up and I do appreciate listening to the songs you suggest are worthwhile. If I did not feel this way I would simply not bother listening to them. I am grateful that you share the things you like so that we too can get some pleasure from them.

From my previous comments, you might discsern that I am very sceptical about the lack of emotional control involved in the concept of 'love'. That is probably because I've 'been there and done that' and it's left the sort of emotional scars that make me shy away from future involvement. When people write lyrics to reflect their own mistrust of such sentiments, it reminds me that the whole subject is fraught with difficulties and I am not the only one who has reservations about treading that path again. 

These are just personal feelings/ opinions about the matter and should  in no way reflect any detrimental judgement about other people's dreams. Although upon re reading my previous comment, it does sound as though I am referring to other people chasing the  dreams. I'm sorry about that as the comments were much more to do with me than other people. I have edited the first comment to reflect what I should have said!) 

Best wishes

Bill 

dadnabbit

Here's something for both Angel and Bill--MUSIC IS GREAT THERAPY, but it always works differently for everyone. It sets moods and tempers attitude and is heard differently by everyone who listens, no matter the intent of the performer. Music is most often equated to our own personal experiences and we can forget that the exact same words might mean something entirely different to someone else, based solely on personal mood and experiences. I never gave too much thought to either of these two songs, but they do seem to embody the reality that our lives are all so different, and so are our reactions. Neither of these is prophetic or earth shattering, but both are realistic and honest and performed by someone who seems to have been taken too early despite his obvious LOVE of LIFE. Hope you can both enjoy these so different ideas of music.

George MichaelFAITH

George Michael/Wham Wake Me Up Before You GO GO

AND NO I'm not much of a George Michael fan, but do admire his talent.

HOWEVER, should you not be able to make it through these lightheart, heartfelt songs, maybe listen to

The Alternate Routes

Nothing More

It is my absolute favorite song, reminding me to live life and respect everyone elses' right to the same.

Peace

Nancy

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Angelicamarie

NANCY, thanks for taking the time to share the wealth of information, It was truly appreciated, In saying that I wish you a very pleasant evening. Angelicamarie

dadnabbit

Hey Angel, I sent you a private message. I just wanted to make sure to say it properly so it took me a bit.

Peace

Nancy

Sun

Rifht to the point, Nancy! And the song too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIuy1a9IdHk

Thanks.

Angelicamarie

Hello Sun, thanks for the comment and the song. Have a great day! Angelicamarie

Bill

Hello Nancy. Thank you for your very helpful contribution and your suggestion of listening to 'NOTHING MORE'.

I like the lyrics as they do accord with my own feelings about life. However, in this instance, I was more interested in the music and how the pace of it lifted me first thing in the morning. You are quite right about how different music can affect different people in different ways dependent on mood and experiences but I would contend that in my case the time of day also has an influence on how the music is percieved. I love the soul music in the evenings and weekends when the work is done and I can relax a little but in the mornings it encourages melancholia within me, which is not a great incentive at the start of the day. 'NOTHING MORE' has a very positive message which is inspiring and, alongside the music it makes a more motivational breakfast accompaniment. 

I have to admit, that most of my own listening to music is to instrumentals (without words) but that is more to do with my aversion to the DJ's, advertising and the fact that I cannot hear the words very well on mordern versions, than it is to do with the songs themselves.  I have enjoyed listening to the stuff that has been suggested on here, partly because (on youtube) the lyrics are shown on screen as I'm listening, which helps  me appreciate what the song-writer is trying to communicate. 

Best wishes

Bill

dadnabbit

Bill, I agree. Being able to UNDERSTAND the lyrics for me is extremely important to enjoying the music and for that reason I also appreciate the youtube version showing the lyrics, which is partly why the george michael songs got thrown out there. It also probably explains my limited appreciation of Opera, as my linguistics are limited !!To me lyrics help to set the tone, but the beat of the music absolutely sets the mood. Personally I although love the classics, I tend to lean towards piano movements from the likes of Tchaivosky for my Sunday afternoons, and the more exhilarating tunes from Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Gershwin from so many wonderful musicals most other times. All of this I'm sure has to do with my experiences as a child and my dad's love of many musical venues. Saturdays were our day go to off broadway and off off broadway shows where I developed a distinct love for ALL music, especially music with a visual story easy to follow, (I was 10 when we started going). ON Sundays we would relax to the likes of Tchaikovsky when the weeks chores were completed and we were resting for the next beginning--Monday. These experiences as well as my childhood exhuberance of swinging on the backyard swings singing to the Beatles rock and roll all helped to form my music appreciation !!!FOND MEMORIES.!!!