Products Used

In this discussion
Replies
Views
ron in mich

Hi all, I just recently got out of the hospital with my newly revised ileo, and I'm having a hard time using my old ostomy products as they have the rigid base plate two-piece and my surgical site is still tender and sore. So, what brand and style is your favorite? My new stoma sticks out nicely but is much larger than the old one. Thanks.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

dadnabbit

Ron, hi, I've used the Sen Sura Mio one piece for almost four years with very good results. I don't even need a wafer (like the slims) or anything other than the barrier wipe which I apply to dry skin after cleaning before applying the Mio. I am a firm believer of less is more, and have found this to work for me very well. EVERY supplier will send you samples of their different products so take advantage of this before making a choice that will cost you money. There are so many choices to investigate and suppliers are very willing to try to win you over with their product. Sample !!!

Peace

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
maddie50322

Your best bet is going to be to order a ton of samples and try it all out again. Your stoma will shrink again some in about 6 weeks or so and will be much smaller. In 3 months, you can go to pre-cut again if you want. My favorite brand for me is Marlen and I use their One-Piece, Convex, Mini Max, Opaque Drainable bag with filter. In combination, I use the Eakin Barrier Rings, Coloplast Barrier Strips, Adhesive Spray, Adhesive remover wipes, a skin prep or skin barrier of some type, and a stoma powder as needed. My second choice in bags is definitely Coloplast though.

ron in mich

Thanks Maddie and Dadnabbit, after plugging along with my old 2pc. system I know it's time for a change. And after leaving the hospital with a 2pc. Hollister setup that went on and came off quite easily, I knew I had to change my setup.