Light, Localized Upper Stomach Pain

Replies
Views
freedancer

The last couple of days I have had a nagging pain on the upper mid left side of my incision about an inch over from my belly button. It just stays there and is very nagging and painful. I have tried putting heat on it but it won't budge. It is across from my right-sided ileostomy. It feels a little deeper than just inflamed skin. I don't see any swelling and Maxine is working just fine. It is very localized and I can touch it. Have any of you had this? I am approximately 70 days out or so from my second surgery. I had to get up early today because it was so painful, I couldn't rest. It feels like a continuous cramp next to my incision.

Bill

Hello Freedancer. My guess would be that it is still part of the healing process but, as with all painful incidents, if it cannot easily be explained away and it persists, then it would be advisable to seek a medical opinion. I am often having pains such as the one you describe but I have put mine down to hernias and trapped wind because the pain eases if and when I fart. However, it soon comes back again in the same place so I presume that there is some sort of blockage there. I find that walking and other exercise helps to relieve it, which is another reason I think mine is due to some sort of obstruction. As and when it does not subside through time and perseverance, I will go and  TALK TO SOMEONE MEDICAL ABOUT IT.  Until then, I'll just put up with the pain and hope to get spesmodic relief from it.

Best wishes

Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.