Enhancing Sex with an Ileostomy: Seeking Advice

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Dmcm

I have an ileostomy. I am looking for any advice, secrets, products that have helped or enhanced the experience of having sex. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

Use some kind of cover. I use a bandeau. You could use some kind of sash like Zorro.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
NJ Bain

Dmcm,

Welcome to the site! As far as enhancing the experience, I'm sure they have an app for that.......JUST KIDDING!!.....Hell, maybe they do.

You may want to check out ostomysecrets.com. They have a wide variety of products and clothing for men and women ostomates. I use one of the wraps from there to keep my pouch secure and out of the way. It works great.

The only advice I can give is make sure your pouch is empty and be confident. I know that the ostomy might make it difficult for spontaneity, but you'll get around that. If you have any more questions, let us know! Hope this helps.

Bain

Past Member

I must be one of the lucky ones. I had almost no sex life before my surgery, now I'm permanently impotent because of the surgery. Haven't so much as held a woman's hand in fourteen years. I'm replying to help provide a bit of perspective. You'll do fine.

Seabass

I found a two-pocket tap online that works great.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Silveradokid

If you're alone, no need to empty. If not, best to empty first...

Chaz88

Here ya go, best I could come up with. It's a belt that, when combined with a few more bucks at the hardware store, means you can keep that bag up and to your side tightly, while still guarding your stoma.
Use this belt: https://www.stealthbelt.com/stealth-belt-pro

Along with cutting a 2-1/2" or 3" PVC pipe (or any plastic) in half. Then, glue either weather stripping or firmer foam along the new edge. I used these foam barriers that would normally go between an electrical outlet/switch and the wall to prevent water from getting in the crack. Take a look at the pictures I uploaded along with the belt.

Simply put the guard/shield, what have you, over the bag whilst wearing the belt a tad looser than you would without the guard in it. You can even leave the belt unzipped throughout the day so it drains away and drains quicker, then when you want to be more active, simply rotate the guard to let your bag rest to the side and zip up the bottom. This will allow you to put some significant force directly onto your stomach and again, hold the bag to the side.