What is best to eat

In this discussion
Replies
Views
skylar

ive had a ileostomy take down and I was worsening what foods will help in the days after. I have been eating cream of wheat, mash potatoes, rice and noodles, just about anything else turns my stomach. I am on antibiotics and I don't know if that has something to do with it. Would appreciate any of your go to favorites or any ideas. I was told by my Dr. To try a few things but no luck so far. Thank you for any help

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello skylar. This sort of question comes up quite regularly and, basically the advice is the same as your doctore has given - to try a few things to see what works for you. However, there have been many helpful suggestions in past posts andf these can be found in the 'PREMIUM CONTENT' section under 'foods, diet and ostomy'.  YOu will find this on the left hand side of the page or (helpfully) now also at the bottom of the page.  I hope you find some helpful advice that works for you. 

Best wishes 

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Raydog

Hi Skylar. I had my surgery done almost 3 years ago now. I hear you loud and clear. Did you know in advance that you were going to have your sergery?I didn't, so it was a scary ride for a while, but I learned. All the foods that you described, would be wicked for me. They would make it awful for me.lolYou will leard just like we all have had to. Just remember you are not alone, so don't feel like you are ok. Don't be afraid to eat solids, you need them too. When I feel that I am getting too liquidy, I will Take Imodiam quick dissolve, it really helps, or eat bannanas, they help to bulk you up. You will learn just what works best for you. How do you sleep at night?Please reply so I can know your condition compaired to mine. It helps sometimes. ha ha ha

skylar

I thank you for your replies and I will check out the Premium Content Bill . Yes it was a planted takedown but definitely not prepared for for the things that followed. I'm greatful I will be normal in time. As for sleeping I feel I always have to be on guard so for now it's not the greatest. Yes it does help to have someone to talk to about this. Thank you so much. Skylar

denverguy

Keep to a bland diet for now. One thing that worked for me after surgery was Boost. It's good for you and a simple drink easy to digest.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
skylar
Denver guy thank you and I have taken your advice, Got boost and sticking to my bland food. So far it's been a good suggestion thank you