Does stoma stay inactive during sex?

Replies
Views
Silveradokid

My stoma is not my financial advisor. So when it "speaks," I don't always listen. Life is too precious. Live it on your terms and a truly loving partner will help you - no matter what the flow. Only, and all, the best to you...

619newbie

I'm with Bill on this: irrigation is the answer!!! When you irrigate, you worry about nothing, no gas, no blowups, no fasting, no special foods and no planning! It's all pretty normal, pretty much like before we got the stoma that changed and saved our lives.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

dmo101

Your bowels and ostomy have their own schedule. No way of willing them to discharge or not discharge. Yes, you will have discharge at any time and yes, during sex. Sorry for the bad news.

Pinkie pooh

Irrigate! 1-1/2 months after my surgery, I started irrigating every morning around the same time and I go all day worry-free. Granted, as with anyone with or without a stoma, you can have an upset tummy at any time. I wear a cap during sex and no problem. If you have a partner with an open mind, you don't even think or worry about it. I've had mine for 3 years, and it is permanent.

619newbie

If there's a will, there's a way! So much for an open mind, DMO 101

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
freedancer

I love the name of your stoma!!

dls

I didn't give the name of my stoma. Thanks for calling, anyway.

dls

I really like it, too. DLS

NewlifeVictoria

It won't stop during sex, why would it? I'm thinking if you don't eat maybe. And by the way, your cover is nice. Where did you get it? Thanks. Have a great day, Victoria.

NewlifeVictoria

What did he name it? I don't see a name. Padded covers, he said. How are you? Just thought I would say hello, Victoria.

Hermit

Sex in the morning before stomach wakes up! Never a problem! Have fun!