Are you, like me, bothered by a lot of pus?

Replies
Views
Faybay

I have a constant discharge of a gooey pus from the residual portion of my rectum. It's a pain in the butt - but not really - no pain, just messy. I would like to know what others of you do about it.

Bill

In the early days, when it was excessive and disgusting in both smell and consistency I used to irrigate it. After a year or so it became clearer and less smelly so I manage it with incontinence pads. However, they don't absorb it immediately like they might with a liquid, so I have to have a tissue wedged up my backside to slow the flow sufficiently for the inco-pad to do it's job.

I hope this is helpful

Besrt wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,364 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

luv2golf

I had that when I had a temporary colostomy, and I hated it. I ended up having it made permanent 6 months later, and at that time, they removed my rectum. The best decision I have ever made for my health. I was worrying enough about leakage and smell. I didn't need the added stress of mucus discharge coming out of my ass. I have had a permanent colostomy for 29 years now. I still have issues with skin problems and output, but I have very few issues overall compared to some people I have talked to.

Good luck - Lisa

Teri

I have had my ileostomy for 2 years now. I still have my rectum, but I don't have a discharge. What I get is a feeling that something is "in my rectum" so I take warm water and a baby bulb syringe, and use it like an enema. After that, I'm fine for a few days. But now I was wondering, will it get to the point that it leaks out, like a lot of you are saying?