Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,594 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,594 OstoMates.

Tattoo Around Stoma And Bag Area

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi I searched the foum and found apost from a few years ago, but I was wondering if anyone has decided to have a tatoo around the bag and scar area.   I have been thinking about it for a while as I have to wear my shorts/swimming trunks fairly high and was thinking a tatoo going across my side and front stomch may enable me to wear my trunks lower as the tatoo may help hide the stoma.

if anyone on here has done so. Any advice would be apprecieted.

Thanks 

Robbie

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:35 pm

Hey, Robie,  it looks like we have some sort of weird troll on the site.  The same person answered one of my questions and left a huge list of websites.  We need to notify the Administrator but I do not know how.  Do you??

Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Less Pressure More Protection
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 pm

I used the 'contact us' link in the header to report the user to the admins.  Not sure if that is the correct flow, but was all I saw.

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:07 am

I tried to do the contact me but it keeps telling me I didn't enter the letters right when I did.

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:22 am

Hello Freedancer. The 'trick' is to enter the ID letters before you start the message. Otherwise the box where you are supposed to enter the letters seems to disappear!

Best wishes

Bill

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:45 am

to answer your question about plaement of a tattoo i believe that he passed away couple years ago he had an out house tattooed by his stoma so people saw that first he was a free sprited guy that road his harley and was a joker his name was bikerboy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:15 am

Thanks for all the reposnes, re the trol, I'll try and report as you have done as well. Yes in terms of the tatoo thats exactly what i want - a distraction so you don't see it as a bag.  I'm guessingit will be painful as its quite tender around the stoma. I guess I need to find a very good reputable artist and have a good chat with them about it.

Thansk

Robbie

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:29 pm

I'm not a tatoo Girl, but I think its a great idea. I have a huge chunk of abdomen missing and I often thought of piercings to camo the area.....I do however, bling out my bag for decoration

Good luck - post pics if you do it

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi that sounds really cool.  i reckon ut would really hurt though!.  But hopefully i can start to look around for some good studios in the UK and maybe start chatting to a few artists.  I'll keep you all posted!

Robbie

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Hi Robbie:  Though you may feel like getting a tatoo, but just keep.

in mind and I am sure others will agree, what happens per say, you get your tatoo, and some time you develope a leak in the fland, and an ulcer could occur, thus defacing your tatoo with ulcers, which could eat away your skin, and you know what.Just food for thought thats all

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:50 pm

I belong to a great facebook group called Funbags and shitbags... A lot of the members have tatoos around their stoma ~ I think it looks great! I'm not a tatoo girl, but I can appreciate body art... It's a great group of people if you're interested...

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Before having ink and needles in-and-around your stoma, I'd speak with your surgeon to be well advised of the potential risks. All the best - Silveradokid.

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:27 pm

It can be done but I would suggest that you just have the tattoo go around the outside of the wafer due to the healing process of the tatto and you will still be to see the skin under the wafer to ensure your not having any issues with skin rashes or irritiation.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:28 pm

hoping to have the same sort of tattoo,  love to hear responses you receive x

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.