Rectal Stump Bleeding and Extreme Pain

Replies
Views
ostomygirl207

For a year and a half now, I have been having bleeding every single day from my rectal stump...then the cramping...it feels like I am in childbirth.

The pain is so severe it almost knocks me out... They did a biopsy last year and it showed lymphoma... they did nothing about it...

This year, they did more biopsies and say not cancer... SEVERE diversion colitis... if anyone has dealt with this, please let me know if it can be healed... I am very high

risk for surgery... I will probably die if they try to operate... so right now I am just trying to stop the PAIN... thanks for any advice.

Past Member

Yes nbsp;  Indeed nbsp; !!! nbsp;  My story almost exactly nbsp; . I just spent ten days in hospital because of the pain exactly as you describe . nbsp; ABout two AM two weeks ago I somehow drove myself to the local Doc on call ( just happened to be my own GP on duty....Luckily ) . She was amazed I was still standing . The inflammation nbsp; appears to constrict the Urethra and block my Urine. My belly was huge ...happened very fast ...in hours. My GP put in a Foley nbsp; and drained me as sthe he spoke to the ambulance dispatcher. Got me to hospital fast. IV Antibiotics worked and then Flagyl / Cipro ? Pentassa ( Azsulfadine) nbsp; in pill form , still on it . . I was in about ten days. nbsp; nbsp

nbsp;  One difference is that I had almost no blood and they were VERY concerned nbsp; about blood in nbsp; the stool....That can be nbsp; a Very bad sign. Do NOT accept their dismissal of your nbsp; concerns ....they are valid and serious !!! nbsp

nbsp; nbspThe pain you describe matches my experience exactly and I just Cannot describe how bad that pain is ....."Spikey bowling Ball trying to escape my Rectal STump !!! nbsp;  Only the Rectal Stump and my J-Pouch are left and I have an Ileostomy . nbsp

nbsp;  My entire Pelvis was on fire and explosing nbsp; , I could not even speak from the pain in my Butt . It stretched from the base of my spine , down between my legs nbsp; and up to my bellly button . and out to both hips and especially around the Butt Cheeks ....just mind-blowing pain. Never felt anything like it. nbsp; magoomoran nbsp;    @ nbsp;      gmail.com please write , I want to hear more of your story Please . nbsp

nbsp;   Now the solution my friend !! nbsp;  It is clear that your solution will be the one that I'm planning before Christmas. nbsp; nbspThe Rectal stump and the Pouch have to be removed and the Anus Sewn shut . The Diversion Colitis cannot be defeated ....in my experience and that of others. nbsp; I hope to have this performed before Christmas because I really am sick and tired of the pain and hospital visits, the Flagyl which makes me puke etc... The Mucus discharge is extremely annoying. I met nbsp; a Lady and we have great sex when we get together. nbsp; I managed to nbsp; get around the discharge problem and still have some lovely experiences after being Celibate for many years. nbsp

nbsp;  Your nbsp; pain CAN be resolved . I use a Foam Steroid called " Colifoam" nbsp; . You have to get it inside if you can or just smear it around your Anus and it will help with swelling . The swelling inside your Pelvis is cuasing your pain . I'm taking a very mild Opiate to relieve the pain and have no date ...yet ...for my removal surgery.

nbsp;  My fear is that I may lose the ability to have sex with this lovely Lady and satidfy her needs . However as we Irish say There's more than one way to skin a cat !!! nbsp; I have other skills nbsp; should my equipment nbsp; be found lacking. Satisfying a woman is an art and I've been honing my skills ....just in case penetration is not on the menu . She is good with my plans and the possible nbsp; side effects . Now all I have to do is nbsp; get the Surgeon to get his sharpest scalpel out and go to work. nbsp

nbsp;  I am NOT afraid of surgery ....does not bother me at all ...I can't wait but will unfortunately will have to ...until me next attack. , will go to the ER when that happens and they can see how severe it can be. nbsp

nbsp;   This nbsp; hospital stay was not where I will have my surgery . That hospital is in Dublin and I'm near Galway.

Please write nbsp

Thank You nbsp;   Eamon . nbsp

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Immarsh

Hi Eamon, (Magoo) and Ostomy Girl....

Hi, my name is Marsha, and I have had my ileostomy for over 50 years. The doctors left the rectal stump in....thinking that someday, there would be reversal surgery. I was only 15 at the time, and had nothing to say about the matter. I accepted my ileostomy readily...since I was able to go back to school after being in and out of hospitals, and on home instruction for 4 years... But despite the ileostomy, the rectal stump never healed. The pain was horrible, the bleeding continuous, the mucus disgusting.....and I started badgering my doctors and parents for an end to the "experiment". I had to take steroid or sulfarectal enemas....(other meds weren't available back then) every night, and then I'd get dressed and go out with friends. Not fun....and actually painful. It took me 4 years to convince my doctors to go ahead with the surgery, and despite the pain and long healing process, I never regretted it. Best of luck to both of you......and hope you can get what you need. Feel free to write if you have any questions... Marsha