ConvaTec - EASE Strips
ConvaTec - request sample
ConvaTec - Search All Things Ostomy
Meet and talk to 19,110 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,110 OstoMates.
Not your typical ostomy website. See why

Gas from my butt?

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:03 pm

I've looked all over for a close discussion on this subject, couldn't find, so here iam throwing this out here. I had a Permanent Ostomy last  Nov. Now, all of a sudden I'm passing gas from a sewed up rectum. I've had off and on spotting of blood since surgery,  my Surgeon is aware and says it happens.. Anyone else have this? Crazy.. Now I have 2 Butts putting out gas. Lol

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:35 am

Hello enidokie. Thanks for your post.  I've never heard of this- so I am very much looking forward to the replies you receive.

Did your surgeon not give you any indication as to why it happens?  Sometimes a proper explanation is helpful in our understanding of strange phenomenon.

Best wishes

Bill

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:31 am

Good morning Bill. Thanks for reply. I'm getting in touch w/ my Dr. Today, however I Googled the symptom, seems like it happens. I will talk to Doctor and reply back. Thanks again...... Linda 

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:55 pm
enidokie wrote:

I've looked all over for a close discussion on this subject, couldn't find, so here iam throwing this out here. I had a Permanent Ostomy last  Nov. Now, all of a sudden I'm passing gas from a sewed up rectum. I've had off and on spotting of blood since surgery,  my Surgeon is aware and says it happens.. Anyone else have this? Crazy.. Now I have 2 Butts putting out gas. Lol

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi Enidokie:  I had my Illiostomy 21/2 years  ago.  It was sudden.  I went to bed the night before after snow lowing for 3 hours.  I came home went to bed and I woke up 10 days later after being put into an enduced coma  Seven months later I had my reversal, and 1 week after I came home, I was rushed by ambulance 100 miles away for emergency surgery.again.  This was the second major surgery in 10 days.  It took me quite a while to recover, but the main thing was that I never gave up, and as of this day I still take it one day at atime.  I have a mucas discharge, my surgeon said that was normal for me.  I have that about once a week...He said that it was bacteria that gathers and that you have to get rid of it.  LOL  I hope everything goes well for you, remember,  YOU DESERVE IT.  Have a nice day.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Thanks for reply. I have no mucus, now, and then spotting. I just talked to Nurse. I see my Surgeon the 5th of Sept. Might have to repack my rectum. I felt from the beginning that the sewing job they did wasn't the best. I feel great though. It was just strange. I will get back on what it is.. 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.