Weird Symptoms After Colostomy

Replies
Views
CJaneGo_colostomate

Got my colostomy on the left side after pelvic floor prolapse and failed repairs causing inability to stool. Also, I have issues with colonic motility, celiac artery compression, UC, SIBO, and extensively stretchy connective tissue. The colostomy has been a blessing and a nightmare. Maybe the stoma is too close to my stomach, but it makes me throw up when it empties and without warning. It has been extremely painful but is improving. I've lost 30+ lbs since surgery 4/26/18 and have been vomiting and having straight liquid output for three weeks, making eating, hydration, and any normalcy of life impossible, but my surgeon just acts like it's normal.

Past Member

Good morning. If your surgeon says this is "normal", if I were you, I would get a second opinion. I had to do that myself due to my doctor stating my symptoms were "in my head". If I would have listened to my previous doctor, I would be underground right now. I am not giving you my 2 cents' worth. This is my 6 dollars and 78 cents' worth to you.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

It certainly is not normal. I would definitely get another opinion. You should not have to go through such things. Don't stop looking until you find someone to help you. I wish you the best of luck.

Linda