Friends

Replies
Views
BIGDRE202

Trying to find friend's in Dover delaware with the same problem I have so we talk and become friends my name is andre Fisher hit me up boredthanks in advance

Angelicamarie

Hello BigDre. I believe we have messaged before. There so are many that have had tragedies, that led to the surgery. Hey, your not alone, there are thousands that are members. This is a site that supports one another. In this great big world , there are so many who don't understand our anatomy, thus makes us feel left out. Fortunately for us, the site provides somewhat of a refuge. Perhaps through the site, you will locate another from Delaware. Hang in there!

P.S. President Eisenhower had an ostomy, imagine how isolated he felt at times it didn't start just now. It's millions that have had tragedies that led to the change in anatomy. Hope I somehow lifted you spirits. You'll be ok.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello BIGDRE202. Have you tried entering 'Dover Delaware' in the 'Search members' section on the left-hand side of the page as this will tell you who is in your area?

Best wishes

Bill

Angelicamarie

Thanks Bill, didn't think of that.. just wanted to lift his spirits. You got right to the point.

Angel

Frelly

Hello BigDre. You are not alone, there are lots of us out there! I do know that there is a support group for ostomates that meets in person every 3 months for lunch and some good old fashion one on one interaction that you might look into. Think it's in Delmar, DE so not to far from you. I am new to this too and trying to wrap my head around my new life but i have found just how many people are in a similar situation. Hang in there and God Bless!

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member

Hi Andre, I'm also looking for the same. If you would like to talk sometime, message me. I'm from Wilmington DE

BerryBerry

Hello Andre, 

My name is Sherry, from the New York area. We're here to support each other so let's chat and lift each other up.