Ileostomy and MS

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Belinda

Anyone out there with the strange combination of ileostomy and Multiple Sclerosis. Am I unique? Belinda, England

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,107 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Butterfly
Hello Belinda... I notice you posted on here ages ago and had no replies.

I'm in England too...

After lots of health problems, I was told I was probably misdiagnosed with F.M. and C.F.S. and possibly have M.S.

After saying that... my health has improved dramatically these last few months after another diagnosis of Acidosis, which meant the acid in my blood and tissues was making my immune system work against instead of for me. A long-standing problem.

I have had a stoma since 2005 and got married four months later.

I don't know how much your M.S. affects your daily life and having a stoma. You have a lot to cope with.

I wish you well and if you want a chat, I'm here!

Regards, Butterfly.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Belinda
Hi Butterfly, how very nice to hear from you. Sounds as if you've had plenty of problems too. I started with MS when I was 15, but didn't get it diagnosed until I was 40, during which time I was written off as a hypochondriac - nobody could have so many different symptoms etc. Went through relapsing/remitting stage and am now at secondary progressive. Should by rights be in a wheelchair by now, but I'm not, though can't walk further than round the house and garden. Got UC when I was 55. It got worse, then much worse, and ended up with an ileostomy and Winnie the Poo was born. Had to have Barbie Butt done 3 months later. Oh what fun!!! Love my garden though and all things to do with wildlife and photography etc. Live with my brother in a bungalow in Scarborough. Right - that's more than enough about me. How about you? Thanks so much for posting. Belinda.
Butterfly
Hi again Belinda....having computer problems. I am trying to send you a longer message.

I haven't forgotten!

Regards, Butterfly
Past Member
Reply to Belinda

Hi Belinda,

Our MS diagnosis stories sound very much alike. I've had MS since my teens, diagnosed at 40, when I transitioned to secondary progressive. I also have RA, OMR, and GCA, the autoimmune alphabet.

I have a colostomy. All that we each have is a lot to deal with!

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister