Say Goodbye to Smelly Ileostomy Output with M9 Odor Eliminator Drops!

Replies
Views
britathrt60

I have had a permanent ileostomy for 18 years and have very loose bowel movements. I empty often throughout the day and night and have always dreaded the putrid smell from contents which would literally stink up my bathroom for hours regardless of how many times I would flush the toilet or use air fresheners. A couple of months ago, I Googled anything that may help and found a Hollister product called M9 odor eliminator drops which destroys odors in ostomy pouches and WOW!! This is amazing stuff. I put 8 drops inside the pouch after each empty and honestly, NO MORE SMELL. It has been a lifesaver for me. It comes in 1 oz and 8 oz plastic bottles. So to any of you with a problem like I had, please try it. Take care everyone and keep sharing tips in this fantastic forum.

Bill

Hello britarthrt60.  Thanks for the tip. It all helps in the management of the situation surrounding stomas.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

vdahl

I totally agree... I have M9 with me for travel as well as in each bathroom to use in the pouch. The M9 spray works well too (I'm not the only one that leaves the bathroom a bit stinky) - I've even used it in the area where we have kitty litter boxes. I swear by it and would panic to be without it.

Princetonmann

Fabulous product M9 found it at Action Medical.
Able to eat many different things now without fear of awful odors!!

britathrt60

Yes, I buy all my supplies at Action Medical. M9 sure made my life much easier. I'm glad you use it too. Take care.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
britathrt60

Hello Bill... thanks for the message... there is so much awesome information on this site and so many amazing people who share their same stories... you never feel as alone on this journey when on this site... take care

britathrt60

Absolutely..I only wish I had used this amazing product years ago..Take care

weewee

Poo-Pourri is another wonderful thing to have. Spray it in the toilet first, then dump. No smell. You can get it on Amazon. Prices vary depending on the size you buy. Plus, there are other things there I haven't used. My grandma bought me the Poo-Pourri and it works.

Puppyluv56

Thanks for the tip! Got a bottle from the hospital in my ostomy kit but it was air freshener! Will have to look for it to order to use this way!

britathrt60

Hi Puppylove

You should be able to get it in drop form where you get your ostomy supplies.

It is a great product. Good luck.

britathrt60

Thanks for the Poo-Pourri tip. Wee wee... take care