Best wafer for small, flush stoma? Need recommendations!

Replies
Views
Southern161

Hi KathyMac423,

I've had my ostomy for a little over 9 months with no leakage. I talked to just about all the ostomy nurses there to get their point of view on things. I have used Hollister from the beginning and never had any problems. I use Hollister New Image #14102 Flange. Hollister #18182 pouch. I also wear a belt #7300 to keep everything close to my body so it has less of a chance to snag on anything. I wear one of those elastic wraps to put the pouch in, they are about $25. Hope this helps you.

Southern161

beyondpar

Hi Kathy, a few things to note. Less is more when it comes to a good wafer seal. Marsha uses the convex Convatec and so do I. I get over a week's wear time, and we all will have a different solution to your issues. However, as an objective observer who has a permanent ILEO, listen to the peeps with the most wear time. The goal is 3 days with any wafer. Any less needs to be addressed and figured out until you get the standard 3 days. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up. Michael (a permanent ILEO stomate for now over 12 years, who gets over a week's wear time on every wafer). Stay well and in touch. I will be here to answer any questions you might have. If I may add, you look great. xo

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,434 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

sunasea

Hi Kathy, thanks for the like. Hollister and others have a curved wafer just for your situation. It pushes on your abdomen and pushes out your stoma over the edge of the wafer. Have you tried it? I taught myself and it has been a life changer for me.

PS you're very pretty, kinda random, but that would be me.

ron in mich

Hi Kathy, up until last year my stoma was small and the opening was at skin level. I used a flat Convatec wafer with a piece of Eakin seal around the opening of the wafer, like a piece of rope around the hole. But I would flatten it after sticking it on the wafer. I would get 3 days of wear time and change it on the fourth.