Severe Stoma Pain & Bleeding - Need Advice!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses experiences and advice related to severe stoma pain and bleeding, offering support and solutions for those facing similar challenges.
Shadowchick27

I have a complex medical case, but tonight I changed my appliance and the stoma started to spurt bright red blood. I am in a lot of pain, and am still bleeding into my colostomy bag. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

britathrt60

You need to go to the emergency and get checked. Good luck. Angela

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Shadowchick27

Blood is black now?

britathrt60

Get to the hospital as soon as possible. You really need to be checked!!

Shadowchick27

What do you think is wrong? Has this ever happened to you?

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill

Sometimes stomas bleed a little but what you describe is not what most of us experience. The advice already given - to get yourself checked out immediately sounds like the best thing you can do. Do not wait !!   and let us know the outcome.

Best wishes

Bill

Shadowchick27

Will the ER even be able to help me with this?

Bill

You will not know the answer to that until you try. However, I am sure they will recognise the potential seriousness of the situation and, if they cannot help you, they will no doubt find someone who can. 

Do not delay in seeking help as it could be serious 

Best wishes

Bill

Sasquatch

Go to the ER right away!!!

Shadowchick27

I did. They don't know what is going on with this, said call GI doctor today.

Puppyluv56

Did you go to a doctor in the box or a hospital? I would think they would, in a hospital environment, run tests to see where the bleeding is coming from. The average urgent care does not handle the likes of us often, so it is "tomorrow". Have you been able to contact your colorectal physician? I hope so! Has the bleeding slowed or stopped? I have not had this, but then I am fairly new to this too!

Hope you are better! Prayers!

Puppyluv

Shadowchick27

The hospital said my hemoglobin was higher than usual, but I know I'm dehydrated from vomiting. Waiting to hear from GI.

Puppyluv56

Hope you are feeling better! Keep us posted!

Mrs.A

Any word yet from your GI doc? How's the bleeding now? Hoping you're doing better.

Xerxes

You mean that you went to the ER of a hospital and this is what they told you. That is reprehensible. Back in June, I had a blockage and went to the ER. They wouldn't let me leave. They kept me for two days and ran all kinds of tests including a CAT scan. They would not release me until the blockage cleared. There is something really wrong with the hospital you went to. I guess they want a malpractice suit if they're legitimate.

X_

Shadowchick27

Bleeding has pretty much quit, GI doctor trying to get Salt Lake City, Utah to take my case.

Bill

Sounds promising! Do keep us informed.

Mrs.A

Let us know how you make out.