Transporting Ostomy Supplies: Tips for Small Bags & Pockets

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Gemd

I carry a backpack. That way I can fit normal purse stuff, ostomy supplies, and a large water bottle.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Poobag17

I'm probably gonna jinx myself now, but I don't carry anything in any way anymore throughout my day-to-day activities. For the first year or so, I had a little bag in my backpack for school, never needed it, so I stopped bringing it. I haven't ever since. At work, due to the physical nature and extremely unpredictable way things can go, I keep a spare in my duffle bag buried at the bottom. I just try and stay proactive with work and ensure I have a fresh pouch before my 2-day shifts and a fresh pouch before my 2-night shifts. If there is a failure in there, I have a duffle bag with my rehab gear on the truck, but it would most likely be something catastrophic that would involve being hurt and a leaky poo bag would be the least of my concerns. I say that only because I've put a lot of stress on my pouches over the years, and the only time there has ever been a failure has been due to my own laziness or lack of diligence in ensuring I freshened up recently.

This may sound funny, but in a pinch, I've used duct tape to slap everything together to hold it in place for a few hours or whatever till I get home. Quicker and easier.

Traveling, I just carry it all in my backpack normally.

Hope that helps

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
looking forward

Sorry, but I am small and use the bag sent to me by Convatec. I use a larger purse.