Seeking Alternative Pouch Deodorant: Any Suggestions?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
CoCoLoCo

Hello, I ran out of the brand name and looking for alternative products I might have around the house. Thank you

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,104 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Penguins7

I use a few drops of baby oil and it works great. Penguins7

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
xnine

Some people use Tic Tacs. I do not know, I use M9.

vdahl

I've used Tic Tacs in the pouch if out of what I really like... M9 - it also comes in a room spray. However, don't use the spray in the pouch - I got scolded in the hospital, he said there's something in it that can hurt the stoma.

I keep a diffuser with essential oil in the bathroom and we have Scentsy type candles in other parts of the house.

AquarianGirl

Tic Tacs work really well. Two into the pouch after each empty and no problems.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Puppyluv56

Who would have ever thought a Tic Tac would be used this way!

Certainly not the makers of Tic Tacs! They could get into the medical realm for their products! Haha I am going to try this!

Puppyluv

britathrt60

I swear by M9...works great and easy to use...8 drops in pouch after each empty..

Angela

rkjr83

Somebody told me non-alcohol mouthwash

Luke

Those little Listerine strips when changing the bag, then dry throat of bag well after emptying and you should have no problem tossing a couple of strips in...