Recommendations for reliable hernia prevention belts?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Ladyhawke

Does anyone know if those are good? I want a good one to try and not get a hernia....thanks

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hermit

Nu Hope Belt

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Shitt Happens

Lady,

I was talking yesterday with an Amazon seller by email and I had to choose another model because it was not suitable for my belly fat. It would have rolled up, and I would have had no support. It's a shame because I would have liked to use it when I do my irrigation :(

Danielle

Bill

Hello Ladyhawk. I've tried all sorts of belts and have come to the conclusion that none of them are 'perfect' for me. I would advise getting an adjustable one, as the body can change shape and most of this type of material stretches with age and washing so what fits at the beginning might not fit later.

Best wishes 

Bill 

Past Member

Hiya,

My friend Sue has a urostomy colostomy, bedbound-ish, but

she sticks a teddy bear under her colo hernias, large-ish

'13st' lass and no hernia belts worked.

She has a hernia at the urostomy site that has never

caused an issue 'yet'!

I'm sure the belts work for some, 'tis a learning curve

Steve

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
ronjeff

The belt shown with an opening is what I wear. I already have a hernia and feel the belt keeps it in check.

Immarsh
To Ron Jeff... Hi... My name is Marsha, and I have an ileostomy. I find that the amount of output can't really be controlled. It's determined by how your digestive system works, how much you eat, and what kinds of food you eat. Fiber causes more "bulk", unless your system can't handle it, and it can trigger the runs... I have had my ileostomy for 50+ years, and have never taken anything to change either the consistency or the amount of output. I wouldn't want to slow my digestion down.....or speed it up. If I know I'm going to be out for a long car or plane ride.....I eat less the night before or in the morning. But in reality, everyone figures out what works best for themselves.
Hermit

True.

iMacG5

I dealt with Nu-Hope Labs and they were terrific.

12640 Branford St
Pacoima, CA 91331
Click Here To Call Support 800.899.5017

Mike

Michael3150

The one you showed I have and is too big of an opening for me and have found that Nu-Hope belts are great. You can call them with the model number of your pouch and wafer, and they will tell you what size opening you need. Hope this helps you.