Trouble Everywhere

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Babydoll

Hey all, long time no see... Just been out of it for a long time after my last surgery but here I am and doing better. Well here goes... I don't know how to cope how my body looks and how I feel about myself anymore. I look at myself in the mirror and I cry from all the scars I have and feel as if no one will love me since society now a days wants a picture perfect woman which I know doesn't exist. But I've always been pretty confident about myself until lately. I don't know who to go to or where... I've had a lot of positive vibes off this site and when one post here everyone helps as much as they can which to me I appreciate a lot. Well as for me yes I had my first surgery done in my home town for a removal of a cisc behind my ovary... But my smart ass Dr didn't remove it and left it in there while he did a number on me. Yeah one more scar added there...besides all the poking and test I went through... So we found out through a nurse the Dr left it inside of me and I had to be sent to another hospital out of town as a emergency, Yh horrible ambulatory drive all the way there. As like any other hospital u have to go through the whole process and I waited for so long for my pain med which I cried my heart out all night since they didn't have the Dr prescribe it yet of course it was night time already... So Yh now more test more poking more of everything and waiting for a Dr to take me to get surgery done... One brave Dr did... I had my first surgery done but since the home town Dr did a mess I lost my ability to have children ever again... '... So then I had a colostomy for 1 yr and then had a reversal... Didn't go well during surgery so I needed the illeostomy which didn't go well with that either... But at least I got it removed after a month... It was a battle for me since each surgery. It was very hard on my family myself and the Dr... I am blessed to be here since I wasn't suppose to make it. But after all this now I feel useless and still sick after all this... I have a hard time walking and my back kills me... I can't get any type of medical service atm since I'm not working but I can't pay for one since again I have no money yet. I don't know what to do. I do want to work again but I get so tired very quick. I just feel lost and depressed all the time.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,104 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Hi Babydoll, I'm so sorry to read another horror story about medical incompetence and what people in this country go through when they don't have the necessary medical insurance. Something has to be done about that! Please don't give up on what it takes to get the medical financial aid you need to alleviate the pain you still have.

Don't worry about the scars. You're a beautiful young woman and any man worth his salt is not going to mind the scars. Please believe that. There are good men out there and you will find them.

Linda

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

This far proves you a Survivor

Babydoll

Ty and I hope he is out there... If u find one throw him my way...

Mrs.A

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is a statement most of us believe. So where is our beauty? I believe it is more important to be a person of beauty rather than a beautiful person. It is who we are rather than what we look like. Sure outer beauty can be nice but it's the inner beauty that really counts. Remember don't judge a book by it's cover? Another important statement that most of us know.

Confidence in who you are comes from within, keep looking inward because you have it in you.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Xerxes

It's a shame what the medical profession gets away with. Hang in there, good things always happen to good people.

X_

Babydoll

Ty all... Sorry just venting a little since I've been pretty depressed. Thks to you all.

Bill

Venting can be a healthy exercise in the right place - and this is the right place. 

Best wishes

Bill

Babydoll

It sure is Bill

lockdownrts

HI I AM NEW TO THID WEBSITE I HAVE HAD A STOMA FOR OVER 5 YEARS I KNOW AT FIRDST ITS SO HARD TO GET OVER IT. BEFORE I HAD THAT I CROHNS DIEASE AND I WAS TOLD IF I DONT GET AN OPEARATION DONE I WILL DIE IN FEW MONTHS I LAUGHED AT THE DOCTORS AND SAID THEY HAVING ME ON. AFTER MY OPEARTION I CAME ABIT BETTER BUT STILL HAD THE WOUNDS ON MY BELLY AND WHEN I LOOKED AT THE MIRRIOR I CRIED EVERYDAY BUT THEN I GOT USED TO IT. I WAS UNDER DEPRSIION TABLETS IF YOU ACCEPT HOW YOU LOOK IT GET ALOT BETEER AS YOU ARE NOT CONCERNED OF HOW POEPLE THINK. ALL OFF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY SUPPORT AND EVERYONW WHO I TALK TO KNOW ABOUT MY CONDITON.

Babydoll

Hello there, yes it is very hard. My scars I see that I didn't before and they remind me of what I went through just like you and everyone else on here. I guess I'm going through a tough moment rn. I feel as if my world I'd going down on me rn. I am in a deep depression. Idk what to do.

lockdownrts

DO YOU HAVE A PARTNER MIND ME ASKING

lockdownrts

BEFORE MY OPEARATION I WAS READY TO GET MARRIED. MY OPEARTION WAS IN JANUARY AND I GOT MARRIED IN APRIL IT WAS HARD AS ALL THE ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE WEDDINGN WERE MADE AND I COULD NOT CANCEL AS ALL CARDS AND ARRANGEMBETS FOR WEDDING WAS DONE. THE GIRL WHO ;MARRIED DID ;NOT HAVE MUCH OF CLUE TO WHAT I WAS GOING THROUGH MY FIRST NIGHT WITH HER WAS SO HARD I CANNOT FORGET IT AS I FELT ASHAMED TAKING MY TOP OFF. OVER THE TIME SHE GOT USED TO IT AND SHE HAS HELP ME THROIUGH HELL AND BACK BUT I KNOW ITS HARD FOR HER AS SHES ALWAYS SUPPORTED ME. NOW I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR OVER 6YEARS AND HAVE 2 BEAUTFIL KIDS I WAS TOLD BY DOCTORS I WILL NEVER HAVE KIDS BUT GUESS WHAT I HAVE 1 BOY AND A GIRL. ME AND MY WIFE GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER TIME TO TIME. WHEN MY BAG BURST SHE WILL HELP ME TO CLEAN MY SELF AND THE BED SHEETS NOW WE BOTH SLEEP ON DIFFERNT BED AS I DONT FEEL THE SAME THING FOR HER. MY LOVE LACKS THER I KNOW SHE HAS DONE ALOT FOR ME.

Babydoll

Wow maybe u should try n get that spark back with her. Its never to late to try if your both willing.

lockdownrts

yes i know but its hard be really she knows its finished but for kids we are toghther. how are you

Babydoll

OK I'm OK thank you.

Chirag

hi...

freedancer

I want you to know that you are valued in the eyes of our loving God. He does not see your scars or any of your weaknesses. All He sees is a beautiful lady with a loving heart. Please remember this always!! There is a person waiting just for you. God has this person picked out and will reveal them to you when He is ready. God's time line is His and His alone. We have to be patient and wait for Him to do His wonderful work. You will be happy and will find that person. They will love you for who you are and they won't care about your scars. I will pray for you that you will be at peace with yourself and the person God has waiting for you.