Dream ostomy bag: Clear, opaque, clean closure, no ballooning.

Replies
Views
Mrs.A

All these ideas sound great. I would like to add the idea of a top opening where we could put a small hose (if you will) to be able to flush the contents into the toilet. It would be a cleaner, easier way to rinse both the stoma and the bag. If anyone has used the osto vent, I was thinking something like that for the hose to go to and you could put the stopper in when you're done.

Brane46 - have you heard of a knock off of potpourri called Just a Drop? It is a small pocket or purse-sized container with a nice-smelling liquid that you put into the toilet before you empty your pouch. It coats the top of the water, and when you empty it, it helps hold the odor in the water. I get it at Walmart, usually hanging on an impulse buy strip for less than 3 dollars.

Here's a link: https://justadrop.com/ Amazon carries it as well.

Sara noor

I want the bag soundproof so nobody needs to worry about the noises.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,455 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

maddie50322

Have you ever heard of ostomy deodorant? It is a blue liquid (most of them are) that takes out the odor of your output. Every time after you empty your bag, you just put a few squirts in and then as new output comes out, it immediately deodorizes the output. I use one from Safe n Simple, but the M9 brand also has one. It has literally been life-changing. They come in large bottles, so I went and got a travel-sized bottle and filled it up with the deodorant, and I keep it in my bag all the time so if I need to empty when I am out and about, I can.

Puppyluv56

Will have to try the safe and simple. What I have tried so far has not really worked except Smelleze but it is granular and makes your bag feel fat. It solidifies the liquid but it is hard to empty the pouch. I don't mind liquid output but hate the odor!

Puppyluv

Semra

Invisible

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
maddie50322

Safe n Simple doesn't solidify the output; it is just for odor. My output is very liquidy, but I also don't mind it.

freedancer

Mine would empty and change itself and would be invisible when I went to the pool or beach!