Belly Dancing

Replies
Views
Ophelia1221

Attention women! (And men too if you're into it)...

I took up belly dancing a while back. I've always wanted to learn. But due to my colostomy, I decided I truly would learn as a means to heal myself both physically and emotionally.

So far so good! I highly recommend it. There are apps and YouTube how-tos if you don't want to do it in public or pay for lessons.

Let's dance!!!!

Bill

Hello Ophelia1221. Thank you so much for your post and giving me the motivation to have a look at this activity. The first few videos I watched made me think that this would be a very good exercise for people with stomas and I do like the idea that it is a dance rather than a sport as this offers the opportunity to do it to music and to enjoy the activity for its own sake rather than being competitive. It somewhat reminds me of the days when we used to have hoola hoops and I always felt that was a very useful way to stay supple around the waist and hip areas. What I do like about belly dancing as presented on the videos, is that it needs no equipment and is free from the outset, unless you want to take private tuition. Almost anyone can do it and I have every intention of giving it a try.

Best wishes BillĀ 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ophelia1221

Awesome!