Civility

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

There are so... many songs that describe the times and people. We as humans lack civility, all over the world.

Stand by me/Playing for change/song around the world/Vimeo (Dec 15 2008)

Thanks for listening

Angelicamarie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

iMacG5

Hi Angel. If we look for words synonymous with “civility” we find words like “courtesy”, “politeness”, “respect” and “consideration”. In the last several years these words became descriptive of behavior associated with weakness and flat out woosiness. I was taught to hold a door for a lady. More than once I was told, “I can get my own F’n door”. Walk an old lady across the street? She would be certain I was going to mug her. We love stuff like cars, beer, some terrible music and all kinds of life shortening foods. I’m not sure we love others like they deserve to be loved. Maybe if we showed a little more respect, a little more kindness, a little more forgiveness we might encourage others to respond accordingly. There are some folks I would love to “Stand by me” and know they could count on me to be there for them.
Thanks for reminding us, Angel. We need to restore the dignity our humanness is capable of so we might return to civility.
Respectfully,
Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Angelicamarie

iMACG5... Thanks for your response. You summarized the title very well. I try to respect and be courteous to all. All humans deserve respect, not that it always happens . When I posted this song , I thought about respect...for people in general. How can one be supportive without it!!

Thanks again

Bill

Hello Angelicamarie. Thank you so much for introducing me to this rendition of stand by me. The song I have always liked but this video was the perfect representation of the message by some fantastc musicians who seem to reeally 'get the message'. Congratulations to whoever it was that put it together in this way.

Oh! and I loved Mike's reply.

Best wishes

Bill

Angelicamarie

Bill... Thanks for commenting.... you put the finishing icing on the cake.

Thanks again

Angelicamarie

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
iMacG5

........and I think it's important to recognize people like Angelicamarie and Bill who define the qualities we're wishing for.  

Love to all,

Mike

Angelicamarie

iMACG5... Ty ;that's so very kind of you. However you too have inspired me!

Angelicamarie

iMacG5

Hey Angel, I guess that's what we're all about.  We inspire each other with our sincere efforts to help and our expressions of gratitude for the help we've gotten.  Let's never take these blessings for granted.

Gratefully,

Mike

Mrs.A

Amen Mike, Amen