Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,543 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,543 OstoMates.

What exercises do you do?

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:21 am

i do yoga and light weights . Recent belly dancing and walking. 

Would like to add some things that won't cause issues with my colostomy .

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:38 am

Sexercise.

Last edited by xnine on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Moldable Technology
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Less Pressure More Protection
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:20 am

building fence is pretty good exercise, if you dont have a place to go, i can hook you up !!  ha ha

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:21 am

I decided a couple years ago Crohns and an Ileostomy will not break my spirit, my drive, or change who I am and how I think about myself. After about 5 years of surgeries, dr visits, pain, tears, and self pity I slowly pushed myself a little harder everyday until I was my old self and outworking guys half (or less) as old as me! So I guess my reply is “Hard Work”, and yes Ophelia I am interested we should talk.😉

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:10 am

i do all kinds weights running treadmill, i use to do karate but i quit a few yrs ago  because its alittle difficult to try anf fly around in the air . lol

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:06 pm

Bicycling! During the summer, I worked up to 5 miles every day, plus longer rides (10-15 miles) on weekends. LOTS of bike trails here in Lexington, and lots of neighborhood streets great for binking. Lots of areas of the city to explore.

In the winter, we set up a spare bike onto a trainer indoors so we can continue to ride in cold weather (but it's a lot more boring than riding in a neighborhood!).

Also modified Seven excercises. (You can find the original Seven app in the app store.) I say modified, because it does a lot of core excercises that are hell on a peristomal hernia. For everything like push-ups that center on the core, I do them against the wall instead - transfers the force to your arms instead of your abdomen. For the step-up-onto chair, I had to start with step-up-onto-stool, but I kept at it until I could do 10 step-up-onto chair in 30 seconds (except this week I'm back to the stool because the neuropathy in my feet is acting up and my balance is unreliable for a chair and it's too dangerous).

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:32 am

I do every exercise,  don't let your ostomy stop you from living 🤗🙂😊

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.