Recommendations for ostomy wraps for gym and everyday wear?

Replies
Views
bukowski

I am looking to get an ostomy wrap for both going to the gym and normal everyday wear, mostly to make things less visible. The two sites I've found are Ostomy Secrets and Pouch Wear. Can anyone give any suggestions, reviews, comments, complaints or any advice on what to get, avoid or anything? Thanks.

Bill

Hello bukowski. I have tried a few different ones and feel that they should be made to suit each individual. However, as that is not going to happen, I have alighted on a product by CUI which they will make to my specification. Even then, It's not quite what I would wish for.  Basically, I would not go for the tubular type

because after a few washes they stretch and become saggy and useless. I prefer the ones which have the velcro fasteners, where the adjustment is made as I put it on. This way, it allows for the natural expansion and contraction of the tummy area without having to chnage the whole device.  Also, I found that the wider ones, which go right up to the ribcage, only feel okay whlle I'm standing bolt-upright. The slightest bend or sitting position make it uncomfortable and it aggravates my hiatus hernia. My solution to this has been to fold the belt over so that it is narrower but gives more support over the stoma.

I hope ths helps.

Best wishes Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,357 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

I use a tummy sleeve, you can get them at maternity stores for about $20.00. It lasts quite a while before it stretches out.

PillowGrabber

The wraps from Ostomy Secrets work very well... I have 3 myself... wait for a sale on the website... they are pricey... Good luck

PillowGrabber

The wraps from Ostomy Secrets work very well...... I have 3 myself..... Wait for a sale on the website..... They are pricey ... Good luck

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
jrrclocks

I have several of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VS1LPA4/. They work fairly well, though they seem to want to unravel a bit. I am looking for something tighter, though.

Sasquatch

These are the ones I've used since my surgery almost 2 years ago. They are kind of my security blanket. If you order from Ostomysecrets, use coupon code THANKYOU25 for 25% off your order.

TXSteve

I use a wrap from Comfizz.com (https://comfizz.com/product/7waistband-unisex-level1/). If you wash it and then just let it air dry, it lasts a long time without getting stretched out. Good luck!

SusieSusie

Hi there, look at Comfizz. They do wraps in different widths and different supports. I use them and they're supportive without stopping the stoma flow. Good luck!

Past Member

My husband uses a Stealth Belt, costing around $99. He even wears it to bed. He states that it gives him support and he doesn't have to worry about the bag pulling on the wafer.

JD90

I use StealthBelt. I have three of them!

Past Member

What I did was to buy a two sizes too small compression t-shirt. And just cut the arms off. I wear it like a girdle and it works like a champ.

I work out every day. 30 minutes on the arc trainer and tons of weights. It works like a champ. I do have a few of them.

Hermit

Go to Amazon. Look for a 6-inch ostomy support belt for $15.