Reversal Scheduled - Excited for a Bag-Free Future!

Replies
Views
JD90

I am scheduled for my reversal on 12/4. All my pre-admin stuff is completed and my GI signed off on the clearance letter this morning. I am super excited and looking forward to not having a bag. I just hope all goes well and heals well so I don't wake up with a temp bag which will lead to yet another surgery.

I have learned a lot from this website and will continue to be on here even after surgery. To all the ostomates out there, keep your heads up and keep pressing forward. We all have good and bad days. Best of luck to you all.

I will be sure to post my progress after surgery. I'm praying for you all.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Good luck with your op.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,423 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Puppyluv56

JD,

That is great news! Good luck on your surgery, I am sure it will work well for you and your life can be normal again!

Keep us posted on your progress!

Puppyluv

Buffi

Wonderful news! Good luck

Bill

Hello JD90. Best of luck with the operation. Please let us know how it goes and keep in touch afterwards.  Lots of people come on hear to ascertain how folks get on after reversals.

Best wishes

Bill

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Angelicamarie

JD90. Good luck!!!

countyclare

I hope all went well for you.

Mike

countyclare

I hope all went well for you.

Mike

Puppyluv56

JD, your surgery should have been a few days ago! Hope all went well and wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!

Puppyluv

Puppyluv56

JD, your surgery should have been a few days ago! Hope all went well and wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!

Puppyluv

Mrs.A

What wonderful news. We're looking forward to you stopping back in and letting us know how you're doing! Congratulations to you!

JD90

Hi all,

Surgery went very well; in fact, my surgeon decided to take my appendix out while I was open, so it was kind of like a 2 for 1 operation.

Recovery has had its ups and downs, but overall I can't complain. I am having BMs a few times each day but no accidents or loss of control so far. I think once I am off all the pain meds, things will only get better. I've had some negative side effects from the pain meds.

Anyone thinking of a reversal, I highly recommend Baylor College of Medicine. Great doctors and great care.

Bill

Hello JD90. Congratulations on a successful outcome and I hope it continues to go well for you in future.

Best wishes

Bill

Puppyluv56

JD90,

So glad to hear all went well! The recovery time is always difficult but short-lived. Sounds as if you already have success!

Congratulations!

Puppyluv

JD90

Well, I am 2 weeks and 2 days post-op and feeling great. I have lost 10 more pounds since my surgery, but I am getting my appetite back and eating more throughout the day. For the most part, I am off pain meds and only taking one at night to help me relax. The pain has subsided big time, and I'm sure walking helps. I've been walking about a total of 1 mile per day. The doc said at my 2-week post-op appointment this past Monday that he is very happy so far with the results, but I need to get more weight back on. Core Power protein shakes should help.

Thank you all for the well wishes and comments.

Puppyluv56

JD,

Glad it has worked so well for you! So many are really scared of the reversal because of the horror stories and live with an ostomy for life because of fear! Crazy! You are an inspiration to those contemplating the reversal! I will never have that option but would think if I did, I would certainly choose to poop normal again!

Continued good luck in your recovery! Sounds like you are over the hump!

Candy

Gene

Any pain on the old stoma site? How long did you have the ostomy for?

Bagface

I've had my ileostomy for six months due to toxic megacolon. The doctors deduced that it was due to high stress or an infection, as all the tests showed no other underlying cause, thank God! I'm slated to have the reversal soon and getting a little nervous, but feeling better now after reading your story. I just want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I wish you continued good luck!

Bagface

I've had my ileostomy for six months due to toxic megacolon. The doctors deduced that it was due to high stress or an infection, as all the tests showed no other underlying cause, thank God! I'm slated to have the reversal soon and getting a little nervous, but feeling better now after reading your story. I just want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I wish you continued good luck!