Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,954 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,954 OstoMates.

Reversal Scheduled.

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:38 pm

I am scheduled for my reversal on 12/4.  All my pre-admin stuff is completed and my GI signed off on the clearance letter this morning.  I am super excited and looking forward to not having a bag.  I just hope all goes well and heals good so I don't wake up with a temp bag which will lead to yet another surgery.

I have learned a lot from this website and will continue to be on here even after surgery.  To all the Ostomates out there, keep your heads up and keep pressing forward.  We all have good and bad days.  Best of luck to you all. 

I will be sure to post my progress after surgery.  I'm praying for you all. 

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:23 pm

good luck with your op

Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Accessories
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:57 pm

JD,

That is great news! Good luck on your surgery, I am sure it will work well for you and your life can be normal again! 

Keep us posted on your progress!

Puppyluv

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:56 pm

Wonderful news!  Good luck 😉 

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:48 am

Hello JD90. Best of luck with the operation. Please let us know how it goes and keep in touch afterwards.  Lots of people come on hear to ascertain how folks get on after reversals.

Best wishes

Bill

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 am

JD90.. Good Luck!!!

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:39 pm

I hope all went well for you.

Mike

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:40 pm

I hope all went well for you.

Mike

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:55 pm

JD, your surgery should have been a few days ago! Hope all went well and wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!

Puppyluv

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:56 pm

JD, your surgery should have been a few days ago! Hope all went well and wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!

Puppyluv

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:37 pm

What wonderful news. We're looking forward to you stopping back in and letting us know how your doing! Congratulations to you!

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi all,

Surgery went very well; in fact my surgeon decided to take my appendix out while I was open so it was kind of like a 2 for 1 operation. 

Recovery has had its up’s and down’s but overall I can’t complain. I am having bm’s a few times each day but no accidents or loss of control so far. I think once I am off all the pain meds things will only get better. I’ve had some negative side effects from the pain meds.

Anyone thinking of a reversal, I highly recommend Baylor College of Medicine. Great doctors and great care. 

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Hello JD90. Congratulations on a successful outcome and I hope it continues to go well for you in future.

Best wishes

Bill

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:19 pm

JD90,

So glad to hear all went well! The recoup time is always difficult but short lived. Sounds as if you already have success! 

Congratulations! 

Puppyluv

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Well I am 2 weeks and 2 days post op and feeling great. I have lost 10 more pounds since my surgery but I am getting my appetite back and eating more throughout the day. For the most part I am off pain meds and only taking one at night to help me relax. The pain has subsided big time and I’m sure walking helps. I’ve been walking about a total of 1mile per day. Doc said at my 2 week post op appt this past Monday, he is very happy so far with the results but I need to get more weight back on. Core Power protein shakes should help. 

Thank you all for the well wishes and comments.  

Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.