Scope Questions

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Raine061

I have a scope Wednesday and I'm just curious how that goes with a stoma? Also, did you have to do all the prep?

BTW, I'm no stranger to scopes. This is my second one this year but the first since surgery. Crossing my fingers that the Stelara is working.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Last scope I had, I didn't have to do the prep. I couldn't have solid food for 24 hours beforehand and nothing at all after midnight the day of the scope. I remember they said I could have popsicles, and I ate a whole bag full of the banana ones. No problems going through the stoma, and it was over in no time. Good luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Little Red

I had a scope in Nov, I did the prep before but it was different. Two small bottles, one the night before and the other the next morning. It amounted to about 1 and 1/2 cups of fluid each time. It was carbonated, but wasn't bad tasting. Then they went through my stoma also. I don't remember a thing.