Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,310 members

Lose The Guilt

Posted by Angelicamarie, on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:07 am

Remember- Realize that what happened wasn't your fault.

"Were Survivors"

Give yourself permission to get better.

"To often we feel like we can't honor our emotions and our feelings, and we have to push past the pain. The logic keeps us from understanding that our feelings matter. What goes on in our hearts matters, what happens to us matters.

Know That It Takes Time.

As much as we'd like to. we cant snap our fingers and make the tauma disappear. It's important to realize healing as a journey and active practice.

Break The Silence.

Most of us found MAO, but a local support  would help too. This is your story and no one else's, You have the right to speak your truth even if your voice shakes."

Love yourr Body.

"Get involved in physical activity so that your comfortable being in your body."  Look at your body in the mirror, it may take time but if you cant accept you, no one else will.

Trust and believe there will be cloudy days- but also sunny days too....

"Hang in there"

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:25 am

Words to live by!

Reply by Dancingthrough, on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:44 am

Strong words to hang on to.  Thank you.  I am strong and accepting what has unfortunately happened to me. I am thank ful to be alive.  I do wunder though if there will be that special man out there who will be so accepting of my new self. 

Dancing

Reply by Xerxes, on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:26 pm

Most powerful, Angel!

Xerxes

Reply by Angelicamarie, on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:52 pm

Weirdnewlife.. day by day!

Reply by Angelicamarie, on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Dancingthrough... Thanks for your comments.  You have accepted you, don’t except anywho who can’t.

Reply by Angelicamarie, on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Xerves.. glad it touched you... 

Reply by Bill, on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:34 pm

This is  a powerful and pertinent sentiment which may not be entirely applicable to me, but is nonetheless appreciated. Keep them coming!

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by Angelicamarie, on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:42 pm
Bill.. thanks I appreciate your comments.
Reply by Dancingthrough, on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:21 pm

I definitely won’t. The people on this site give me strength  

Reply by Jabra0419, on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi Angelicamarie

Very nice inspiring words!

It’s appropriate for me, I’m having surgery in 2 weeks to remove a rectal tumor. My surgeon will perform a robotic assisted abdominal perineal surgery. I just joined this group to get more info. on people who have experienced this life changing operation.

we need more inspiring words like yours

Reply by Angelicamarie, on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:40 pm

Jabra0419.. wishing you success in your upcoming surgery. You’ll be in my thoughts, I promise! 

Reply by Angelicamarie, on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:02 am

Jabra0419.. hi I feel the need to explain, I said You would be in my thoughts-I meant that. We all  have different beliefs, my thoughts are with people all over the world. Welcome to the site and again good luck with your upcoming surgery.

Sincerly

Angelicamarie

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.