Embracing the Healing Journey: Survivors Unite for Support and Growth

Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

Remember - Realize that what happened wasn't your fault.

"We're Survivors"

Give yourself permission to get better.

"Too often we feel like we can't honor our emotions and our feelings, and we have to push past the pain. The logic keeps us from understanding that our feelings matter. What goes on in our hearts matters, what happens to us matters.

Know That It Takes Time.

As much as we'd like to, we can't snap our fingers and make the trauma disappear. It's important to realize healing as a journey and active practice.

Break The Silence.

Most of us found MAO, but a local support would help too. This is your story and no one else's. You have the right to speak your truth even if your voice shakes."

Love your Body.

"Get involved in physical activity so that you're comfortable being in your body. Look at your body in the mirror, it may take time but if you can't accept yourself, no one else will.

Trust and believe there will be cloudy days - but also sunny days too....

"Hang in there"

Past Member

Words to live by!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,318 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Dancingthrough

Strong words to hang on to. Thank you. I am strong and accepting what has unfortunately happened to me. I am thankful to be alive. I do wonder though if there will be that special man out there who will be so accepting of my new self.

Dancing

Xerxes

Most powerful, Angel!

Xerxes

Angelicamarie

Weird new life... day by day!

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Angelicamarie

Dancing through... Thanks for your comments. You have accepted yourself, don't accept anyone who can't.

Angelicamarie

Xerves.. Glad it touched you...

Bill

This isĀ  a powerful and pertinent sentiment which may not be entirely applicable to me, but is nonetheless appreciated. Keep them coming!

Best wishes

Bill

Angelicamarie

Bill, thanks. I appreciate your comments.

Dancingthrough

I definitely won't. The people on this site give me strength.

Jabra0419

Hi Angelicamarie

Very nice inspiring words!

It's appropriate for me, I'm having surgery in 2 weeks to remove a rectal tumor. My surgeon will perform a robotic-assisted abdominal perineal surgery. I just joined this group to get more info on people who have experienced this life-changing operation.

We need more inspiring words like yours

Angelicamarie

Jabra0419, wishing you success in your upcoming surgery. You'll be in my thoughts, I promise!

Angelicamarie

Jabra0419.. Hi, I feel the need to explain, I said you would be in my thoughts - I meant that. We all have different beliefs, my thoughts are with people all over the world. Welcome to the site and again, good luck with your upcoming surgery.

Sincerely,

Angelicamarie