ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,806 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,806 OstoMates.

Naturism

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:56 am

hi all first post so please be kind.

prior to surgery in sept 18 i was previously a bit of a closet naturist. since surgery which has knocked my body confidence although still wanting to explore this lifestyle my concern is how others would judge me with my bag obviously on show when at the beach or at a resort etc. Has anyone had any experiences in this environment good or bad ?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:20 am

I'd say if you have the confidence to be a "naturist" in the first place, you won't have any trouble wearing a bag on the beach.  I saw a posting with a picture by a woman from CA in a bikini on the beach wearing an ostomy bag.  Didn't bother her one bit...  Others will judge you the same as they judge the rest of us who have to wear a bag.  Some, I suppose, it will bother...others it won't.  At least you'll know right away which ones it bothers and which ones it doesn't.  You won't have to worry about WHEN to tell someone.   lol  Go for it!

Advertisement
ConvaTec - Less Pressure More Protection
Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:29 am

Hi Monkey,

Love your Monkey pic! I too have seen several, usually young women that wear a bikini with their pouch exposed! I am far from someone that would do that. Wearing a bikini without a pouch has not even been in my wardrobe for a few years! Lol I imagine it would look like a man purse or something at first glance! Not a bad thing either if you are insecure at first! Buy a pouch cover! Built in man purse! I say do what makes you comfortable! If be a naturalist is what you do, why change! I am sure you have seen uglier things than a pouch and did not judge!

Puppyluv

Lol

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am

One life live it!!! Get out there and live it. You will be surrpised no one will be the slighest bit bothered or make any nasty comments.  Naturism isn't for me but as I've read stories and seen bits and pieces about it on TV there the most unjuging people around and never judge anyone on there apperance 

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:44 pm

thanks for the feedback guys defo giving me food for thought. since my op i have had a more you only live once attitude and feel like if i want do something i should just do it. 

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:11 am

I'm with all the supportive comments. My brother used to run a dress optional resort in NZ and nobody worried about what other people were wearing or not. A pouch would not have made any difference to their non-judgemental attitudes. 

Best wishes

Bill

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:51 pm

Hi, order a stealth belt. They are very nice, it hides the ostomy and secures it in a way you will feel more confident. Hope this helps.

Dan

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:52 pm

thanks dan have been looking at them for work never thought about using one at the beach good call thanks for the advice

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:09 pm

Your welcome, I order one just before Christmas. They are really helpful. I called them to ask a few questions. I received it about a week later. Wow. I can't wait to try it out in the summer. I might even  feel normal again on the beach, lol.

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 pm

that is my hope to feel as normal as possible by the summer. the naturist community are usually really good with this sort of thing but still makes me a little nervous 

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Life is so short. I say go for it. For women things are much easier. Wearing corsets, wraps, wasps, is fairly common. Although not a naturist I have found that people in open/alternative subcultures are pretty open minded.

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:46 pm

Yes you are so right Vanessa, Women can wear lingerie and look fantastic during intimate times. Men dont really have anything so the Stealth belt really is a great garmet to wear for those reasons also.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.