Body Confidence and Naturism with an Ostomy Bag

Replies
Views
Cheekymonkey111

Thanks pup. What I have learnt from this whole experience is that if you think too much about what others may think of you, then you will never do anything. I am not the most outgoing and self-confident guy, but now after my recent scare, I think that life is too short not to do things you enjoy and try new things.

I'm currently looking forward to the future. Now I'm feeling healthy again, and that is something I couldn't say 6 months ago in a hospital bed.

Puppyluv56

Hey monkey!

You have something no one else has in the natural group, so I would guess you would be popular. So, not only should you not care but embrace it! Next time, draw a happy face on your pouch! LOL

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,424 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Cheekymonkey111

Hi puppy.

You will be glad to know I will be rocking a Batman pouch cover next time I go, lol.

The pouch is certainly a conversation starter, with most just wondering what it was and if I was now okay. I met some good people and at the end of the swim, we had a big group photo which I would love to share but won't for obvious reasons.

Needless to say, my pouch has become my calling card, lol.

Past Member

Batman pouch? Well, there you go! Now you're getting into the spirit! Great idea!

Cheekymonkey111

Saw it, couldn't resist it. LOL

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member

You could change them according to your mood too...Superman? Godzilla? Pumpkins? Easter Bunny? St. Nick for Christmas? LOL

Cheekymonkey111

Mood pouch, I like it. LOL

Puppyluv56

I like it too! I think I will draw a face on mine for my last day of radiation! Maybe a face with a tongue sticking out!

Pup!

Past Member

Pup.. That one seems very appropriate!

Past Member

Interesting! I do nude fitness, but not in public. I don't have a bag to expose anymore but it's good to read about others in the same category of naturalism.

Sportster9

Looks like an old post, but I'll weigh in anyway. I also missed being just me on the beach, in the water and in the sun.
I've gotten very regular with irrigation. Enough so that I usually feel confident enough to just wear a large Nexcare bandage over my stoma. That opened up many possibilities for me. I still wear a thin closed pouch most of the time.

It's one of my ostomy bag of tricks.

I hope it helps.

CB1956

Always have a hair dryer with you to help with drying your bag. It's also a good way to help with resealing it around the edges if they start coming loose.
I have been considering going to one myself but there's not any close by so I'm a home naturist.