Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,317 members

BILL

Posted by OrlandoNewbie, on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:46 am

Bill is a warrior, he should get through just fine.  Please let him know he is being sent good thoughts from many countries!

Reply by Mrs.A, on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:01 pm

I too would like to wish Bill a strong recovery. I'm sure he is already figuring out what he can invent or alter to help him adapt to his current condition.

Sending hugs and prayer to him and his family.

Reply by iMacG5, on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi Bill’s wife. This had to be a difficult task for you to inform us of your husband’s temporary absence. Thank you so much. Bill has provided so many of us with so much comfort. My hope is the two of you feel the grateful love we’re sending.
Blessings,
Mike

Reply by Rosiesmom, on Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi to Bill and his family.

i will be thinking and praying for you and yours. Hope to see you back on the site soon. Your creative poetry and writing is looked forward to by so many of us. I remember when you wrote "me and my stoma " to the tune of me and my shadow about 3 yrs ago. Take very good care and God Bless. 

Very sincerely Rosiesmom

Reply by bowsprit, on Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Amazing. I was wondering where Bill is and then ran across your post. He is such a regular, erudite contributor to this forum that as you can see, he is being missed by many. Wishing him all the best and a very speedy recovery.

Reply by bowsprit, on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:42 pm

The Royal Brompton is one of the best hospitals in the world for the surgery that Bill needs. A close friend from here went to London for the same operation and was all praise for the medical staff. He said that the Doctor told him that when they opened him up, they could smell the cigars and the whisky! He is quite hale and hearty now. Another patient from the Royal Brompton ran in the London Marathon one year after surgery. In other words, Bill will be in good hands.

Reply by Jabid, on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:36 pm

Wishing you a quick recovery Bill! My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Mrs. Bill, 

how is Bill doing? Hope he is recuperating and will be back soon! Thought and prayers are with him daily! 

Puppyluv

Reply by Bill, on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 am

Hello Everyone! Just an update and to thank you all so much for your good wishes during what has been something of a difficult time. The worst of it seems to have now passed and I have to look forward to about 6 more weeks of convalescence before I can return to normal activities. I doubt if I will be able to log on here very often to post for a few weeks because I am busy writing rhymes about my experiences as a heart attack victim and a bi-pass patient. However, there is only so much that can occupy one's mind in this respect and I hope to have enough poems for a book by the end of the month. After that I would hope to be able and motivated enough to come back and talk to everyone again on a regular basis.

Once again thank you for your thoughts and good wishes as they are much appreciated.

Best wishes

Bill 

Reply by Pirrip, on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:56 am

Welcome back William!   "No pressure, no diamonds" ......

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:25 am

Bill,

So glad to hear from you and that you are on the way to good health again! I am sure your have lots of new rhyme to create! 

Will look forward to hearing from you soon!

Puppyluv

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:42 am

Welcome back from me too.  You have been very much missed! I know your new poems will be some good ones!  

Reply by Little Red, on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:23 am

Bill  what a nice surprise to hear from you.  Glad you are on your way to a full recovery.  You were the first one to  answer me my first time on this site and  I thank you for your advice and welcome.  Take care and hope to hear updates again soon.  My best to you and thanks to your wife  .

Reply by kmedup, on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:49 am

So nice to hear from you. Rest easy but keep writing. 

Reply by bowsprit, on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 am

Nous saluons le retour. Some of my friends and me have all had either stents inserted in the arteries or a by-pass so your poems on the above subjects will be eagerly awaited. Incidentally, there was a gang in New York City called the "by-pass" gang but their speciality was how to by-pass the alarms in a bank! All the best wishes for an early recovery.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.