Surviving and Recovering from Emergency Colostomy, Ileostomy, and Reversal: A Journey of Hope

Replies
Views
Puppyluv56

So glad to hear you are home and doing well! All surgery is tough, so please don't rush your recovery! Hope you have someone taking good care of you and you can milk it for a good while! I sure loved my breakfast, lunch, and dinner in bed when I was recouping! I tend to have to be up and going, so I milked it as long as I could stand being down! Lol

Keep us posted,

Speedy recovery,

Puppy

izipizi

I'm up walking over a mile a day. No breakfast in bed. My wife took good care of me.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,456 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Puppyluv56

Wow! You are doing great! Glad you have such good care! It matters! Breakfast in bed once or twice is always nice!

Always heard motion is lotion!

Great job!

Puppyluv

izipizi

Nausea seems to have passed. Lost 10 pounds. I didn't need to lose. Pain still a problem... Bag drainage a problem. Got new supplies today... much better than what hospital provided. More comfortable and not transparent. Still have a JP and 20 staples... coming out this week. Appetite improving slowly, hanging in there... Thanks

Puppyluv56

Wow, you are moving right along!

Hoping it continues to improve!

Puppy

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
izipizi

Scheduled for reversal soon. Going for enema x-ray and sigmoidoscopy first in a few weeks for pre-op. Anxiety is building along with some anger and resentment that this happened to me after elective surgery for chronic diverticulitis. This has taken almost a year of my life living through this. Mentally and physically, it's been tough.

Puppyluv56

Glad you are getting close to the reversal! I am sure emotions are running rampant. Voluntary procedure or not, it is nice to know you have an option to switch back to a normal life as you knew it. You will do fine and a few years down the road, be glad you did the procedure to cure the original issue. Sometimes it takes some wicked turns in life to get where we want to be! Mine has and yours has! Good luck with the procedures and surgery!

Pup

izipizi

Thank you for your kind words of support. Glad you are well.

Puppyluv56

Thanks, Izi! I am here any time you need to talk to someone!

Pup