Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,228 members

Metastasis

Past Member
Posted by Past Member, on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:31 am

Hi Bagface,

Sorry it took so long to reply, but honestly...I kinda forgot I even made this post.  I remembered today and checked it and there were all kinds of replies that I haven't responded to.  So sorry eveybody.  Chemo brain.  I like that better than senility.

I've had 5 chemo treatments thus far and go in this morning for my 3 month CT scan to see if it did any good.  I'm hoping it did.  It will be what it will be.  Stll fighting and still hoping and I thank you all for your support.

Reply by Bagface, on Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:41 am

weirdnewlife-Hope your CT scan gives you good news!!

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:49 am

Bagface,   Thanks.  I do too.  Will have to wait until  Monday to find out.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:11 am

I am praying your scans are clean! Telling you to not worry thru the weekend is useless because all of us with the big “C” know how agonizing the wait can be! 

Hugs! 

Candy

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:00 am

Thanks, Candy!  I appreciate your empathy.  I know you've been through it too... more times than me.  I'll make it.

Hugs to you too.

Linda

Reply by looking forward, on Sat May 11, 2019 9:06 am

how are you doing

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat May 11, 2019 9:28 am

Hi.  Thanks for asking.  I'm doing okay.  My latest scans showed that the tumors shrunk a bit, so that's good anyway.  How long they continue to do so is anybody's guess.  That's how cancer is.  After that, who knows?  Immunotherapy, probably.  Will cross that bridge when I come to it. 

How are YOU doing?  Catch me up a little.  Been a while since we talked.

Reply by Bagface, on Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 am

Weirdnewlife-Glad to hear that the tumors have shrunk! Hope this keeps going in the right direction!

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat May 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Bagface... Thank you so much!  I'm hoping so too....  Cancer is a weird thing.  You just never know how it's gonna go....and, unfortunately, neither do the doctors.  We all just cross our fingers and hope.

Reply by looking forward, on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:37 pm

hi i had rectal ca many years ago when i was forty. i worked in hospice for 20 years. i believe i lived because i had no chemo or radiation. now that it has returned i had to have an illeostomy  still refuse chemo or rad

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.