Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,950 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,950 OstoMates.

I Regret Having My Ostomy Reversed.

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:14 pm

Does any one else feel that way

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:08 pm

i don't  i had a  jpouch i couldn't  eat  anything  or  get out  of  house  i will take   my stoma  any day

Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Accessories
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:24 am

I like my bag! Didn’t want reversal 

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:16 am

I opted out of having a reversal some years ago. My decision was based on the fact that I wanted to see what was happening rather feeling what was happening. Not a day goes by now that I regret making that decision. I totally comfortable with My Ileostomy. 

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:24 am

You made the Right choice.  I knew it could be rough and boy has it been.  My quality of life has changed and not for the better.  Its funny i had my ostomy for 3 months. After 2 months i had gotten past all the bumps in the road and had gottwn used to it.  I even thought about just keeping it.  Its been 10 months without it. I think if it was going to get better it would have by now.  I have an appointment Thursday with a surgeon to discuss getting the colostomy bag back.  Thanks for sharing your story with me.  

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:28 am

That's so true.  Not having a bag keeps you a slave to the bathroom.  Eating causes so much stress cause i know no matter what i eat I'm going to pay for it.  

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:44 pm

thanks for sharing you lot..... 

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:18 pm

Did same!

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:01 am

my  bag  is  my   trade make  i slap wiggle  eyes on the  top  of  it  cause  it  always  show s  i am  going to start   letting it   see the  world   when we  go out  walking  hahaha

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:43 pm

badge of honour!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:41 pm

I also opted out of a J-pouch.  I really didn't see any benefit from doing it.  I managed well with an ileostomy for two years, didn't see any reason to fix what wasn't broken.

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:13 pm

Did the same!

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:07 pm

After my second emercency surgery for a strictured ileostomy, I was told I was no longer a candidate for re-hook up and I have to tell you I am fine with it.  The pain and depression from those two, emergency surgeries was enough for a lifetime!  Plus, I lost my hair!!  I would stand in the shower and weep everytime I  washed it.  I thank God every day that I found this wonderful website!  I have learned so much and found so many lovely people.  Although I have had a rough three years, I truly think things are getting better!!

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:09 pm

hospitals is where they keep the super-bugs!

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:32 pm

Yep, doctor told me to get out of hospital as quick as I could! Safer at home!

Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.