Embracing Ostomates: My Passion for Drawing

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic explores the use of art as a means of embracing and empowering individuals with ostomies, sharing personal experiences and creative insights.
PJT

As long as I can remember, I've always loved to draw. A few years ago, I decided to add an ostomy bag to one of my figure drawings, and before I knew it, I was drawing ostomates on a regular basis. It's become a labor of love. Here's one of them.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,092 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Nice job

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Lt. Dan

Very nice! How many have you done?

Morning glory

Very nice job.

Angelicamarie

PJT... nice

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
PJT

Thank you!

Puppyluv56

That is awesome! So talented! My daughter is very artistic but has no idea where she got it from! Lol I cannot draw a straight line.

Pup

Pirrip

Nice lines....

Past Member

Really nice, I have tons of empty sketchbooks. One day I will start filling them out and maybe have something to post. Well done.

firedup

Another wonderful drawing. Thank you for sharing it with us, PJT.

scorsby

Very good drawing, well done.

John

PJT

Thank you!

Little Red

Sure looks familiar, almost like mine except my scar is much longer and runs around my tummy button from my waist to the pelvis. Can't wear bikinis lol. Nice drawing.

PJT

Thanks!

Shitbag

PJT

More to come!

scorsby

Please

John

Cuppatears

Oh my goodness! I first saw this photo just after diagnosis and just before pre-op chemo radiation. The facilitator was trying to help me get an idea of how life would and could be 'normal' in spite of this drastic surgery they were preparing me for. I'd never seen/known/heard of anyone who had an ostomy and I just could not envision me going through this at all. (See username) Well, that was in 2014, and life is relatively normal, if your normal includes handling crap several times a day!!

Great drawings!

PJT

Thank you!

bowsprit

That lovely young lady with the two bags is Bethany Townsend from the UK. She has had them from a young age and her bravery in handling this ailment has won her many admirers around the world.

PJT

Sorry, but I just saw your comment. This site is confusing! I haven't kept count, but perhaps 50.