Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,938 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,938 OstoMates.

Ileostomy Reversal

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:35 am

had a reversal on January 15.  I take up to 4 Imodium a day to control diarrhea.  My stool is now somewhat formed, but very frequent.  Sometimes I have time to make it to the toilet, other times I don’t.  Just looking for other experiences.  How long can I expect this incontinence to last?  I know everyone is different.  Getting a bit discouraged, but maybe I am too impatient.  Thanks for any input.

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Hi Prizzy.  I'm not equipted to offer any opinion on the physical part of your situation but it does seem kinda early to expect big improvements.  I lived in the bathroom for a couple years and it's no fun.  Please be as patient as possible and question your surgeon and GI folks for qualified answers.

Wish you the best,

Mike

Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:06 am

Hi Prizzy- Just got home yesterday after reversal surgery. My surgeon told me it could be. 3-6 months for things to staighten out. So far I've been eating small frequent meals and keeping the Depends handy!

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:30 am

My 74 year old friend is scheduled for her ileostomy reversal next week.  How long is the hospital stay and who takes care of the open wound?  I have been taking care of her since this started last May.  She had a colostomy, then unexpectedly he gave her an ileostomy to allow healing of the colostomy reversal.  It's been tough.

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:39 am

I had an ileostomy reversal on Jan 15 and left the hospital on Jan 19.  My incision was stapled shut and I had no wound care.  I went back a week later to get my staples out and it had healed fine.  I know it’s tough, but hang in there...it does get better.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.