Exploring Ostomy Belt Benefits and Drawbacks

Replies
Views
Puppyluv56

Never used a belt! I hate even using a belt to irrigate. Normally my sleeve would snap into my pouch but Coloplast has not seemed to fit their small flanges with a sleeve. Wanted to send me some stick-on sleeves! NOT! So having to use a belt to hold a Convetec sleeve over my Coloplast flange!

The belts seem to roll as you move! Uncomfortable. I guess if it was wider, it may be better. I am tall so I guess it depends on your body as to which will work well! They are very beneficial for hernias!

Pup

iMacG5

Since you are Newathis, you'll need to read these great offerings and decide which ones you'll experiment with.  I use customized hernia belts from Nu-Hope.  The belts seem to hold my guts in place, provide a great compression system for the wafer seal and give me a real sense of confidence.   Now, not to mess your head up, I also fabricate and attach "pockets" inside my tee shirts.  I cut a square about 4" X 4" and use the iron on glue to secure them.  This prevents the pouch from becoming visible (if my outer shirt should rise up) because the tee shirt pocket hides it.

It's said, "If it ain't broke don't fix it".  If that philosophy was followed since the beginning of time we would still be living in caves.  We can almost always make things better for ourselves and others.

Respectfully,

Mike 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,423 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Sjb

I've had an ileostomy since May 2018. I started out with one piece. I had leaks pretty much daily, so it was frustrating. I switched to a two-piece system and started using a belt. Now I only have to change it once a week to ten days! It's so much better. Good luck! This is a journey!

Ranger2705

I purchased the Stealthbelt Pro and wear it 24/7. It's a little spendy but works great. I was a little worried about having the bag sideways and how that would impact output but no problems so far.

Puppyluv56

Sjb,

A two-piece system makes all the difference in the world!

One piece was not good for me either. I used to wear the extra protection of barrier strips and don't even have to bother with those with the Coloplast products!

Pup

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Kissy

Retraction My

Can this belt be used with a 1-piece pouch?