A Lesson In Life

Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

I read a story that ;I want to share- It begins with a car accident which left a son in critical condition. After being rushed to the hospital the surgeon was paged. When the doctor recieved the page he answered it right away. When he arrived at the hospital, the doctor immediately changed into his scrubs. As he headed toward the surgical wing, he found the boy's father pacing the hallway.

When the panicked father saw the doctor he let his emotions go. He said to the doctor, "what took you so long? Don't you know my son's life is in danger? Don't you have any sense of responsibility?" This type of outburst was uncommon for the father, but it was difficult because of his son's condition.

The doctor understood how the father was feeling. He didn't take it personal. He smiled and ;calmly said, "sorry I wasn't in the hospital, I came as quickly as I could. I wish you could calm down so I can do my work and save your son."

Unfortuantely, the doctor's words didn't calm the boy's father. The ;father said, Calm down ! what would you do if it was your son dying?Would you calm ;down if your son was dying while waiting for the surgeon?

The doctor understood, he remained calm while being berated by the frightened man. We will do our best by God's grace. You should also pray for your son's life. Nothing the doctor said appeased the worried father. The doctor left and proceeded to surgery.

After several hours the doctor came out the operating room with a smile on his face. When he saw the boy's father he said, "Thank goodness your son is safe," The doctor had saved the man's son's life. However, he couldnt stick around, he didn't even wait for the man to reply. As he was running down the hall, he told the man to speak to the nurse if he had any questions.

This really angered the man, he asked why the doctor couldn't stick around to discuss his son's condition. It was bad enough that it took him a while to arrive at the hospitl and now, he couldn't stick around long enough to talk to him.

The nurse looked at the man with tears falling down her cheeks. She told the man that the doctor's son had died a day before in a car accident. When the doctor recieved the page he was at his son's furneral. When he completed the surgery he returned back to his son's buriel. The boy's father was floored. He couldn't believe the way he treated this grieving father who had just saved his son's life after losing his own son.

This is just an example about ;making decisions about others. Especially if you havent't walked in the other persons shoes. Press rewind before being unkind!!

Best Wishes,

Angelicamarie

Dancingthrough

Wow. We all need to be reminded I think once in a while how lucky we are. Good story Angel

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Angelicamarie

Dancingthrough.... This story touched my heart and I'm sure at times I acted out. Yes it does make you think!

Puppyluv56

We should all think of this as we go through life and have conversations with people we are not well acquainted ;with. Those that reach out to help people are sometimes the ones that need someone's help!

Pup

Angelicamarie

Puppyluv56... The surgeon could have asked another to perform the surgery due to circumstances . He was Definetely selfless!

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister