Bad Experience with Securicare UK - Need Reliable Alternatives

Replies
Views
pj1

Just wanted to let people know that I have had really poor service from Securicare Medical (UK). They got a couple of orders wrong and took a long time to sort out, so I made a complaint. I didn't hear back for 3 weeks, so I called, and the customer service manager told me I should find another company. I think this is really poor, and am quite upset by this. It is really frustrating having to set up with another company - anyone recommend a good one? It's a shame because they were good to me at the beginning.

Cheekymonkey111

I use Charter. Only had a couple of orders from them so far but had no issues apart from my last order being dumped at my front door, but that's due to the delivery company, not them.
Hope this is some help.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,377 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

You can try Salts. They seem to have representatives in areas, so it's more of a personal service. I use Securicare and haven't had any problems. I've been using them for two years. I have used Salts, but like everything, you tend to stick to the ones you are used to. Just remember, you might have to use bags for life, and they are making a great deal from you. They aren't doing it as a charity.

pj1

Thanks cheeky monkey and Mike. I am going to try Salts Medilink as they make my pouches - hopefully fewer issues. It's good that there are so many companies though. I guess Securicare had made some mistakes, but good to know they are working well for others.

Cheekymonkey111

Good luck! Hope you get a better service.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
scorsby

Hi.

I use Salts Healthcare (Newcastle upon Tyne) and I find them excellent and very helpful. I think that they operate nationally but Newcastle seems to be the centre.

If you don't have your pouches pre-cut to size, Salts will do that willingly.

John (Yorkshire)

pj1

Thanks Scorsby - I'm going to give them a go.

Dowdena

I use Fittleworth's Medical and they have never let me down and have always got orders on time every month.

Karlosp

Charter seems to be okay, so far everything has been an easy process. Either ordering over the phone or through their website.

pj1

Thanks for everyone's replies. Feels better to know that there are lots of good options and that my experience with Securicare was probably a one-off. Cheers.

Vikingthor

I use Coloplast products from Charter. They are a really good company, helpful, friendly, and fast!