Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,177 members

Food

Go to page: 1, 2  Next

Posted by looking forward, on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:44 pm
i seem to always be hungry and since i cannot eat raw fruits and veggies..does anyone know what to snack on?? i have an illiostomy so whatever goes in comes out pretty quick  thanks< >

Reply by Morning glory , on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:07 pm
I usually eat cereal or cereal bars or peanut butter crackers. This seems to satisfy me.

Reply by honestabe, on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:48 am
Eggs, meat also!

Reply by Nicholoffs, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:03 pm

I have an ileostomy, i can eat anything, raw fruit, veggies anything.... is there a reason why you can't eat fruit or veggies?

Reply by Nicholoffs, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:04 pm

I have an ileostomy, i can eat anything, raw fruit, veggies anything.... is there a reason why you can't eat fruit or veggies?

Reply by Prizzy, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Rice cakes with peanut butter.

Reply by vikinga, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:05 pm

I also have an ileostomy. When you first come out of surgery the list of what could be a problem as far as food goes is overwhelming. I remember thinking, so what can I eat? Well, thanks to conversations with a more experienced longtime ileostomate, I gained the courage to begin to eat more thngs. Now I eat pretty much anything that can be chewed up well. Things that are stringy are a no-no in my book. I like nuts, but to be safe, I put them through a grinder first and then sprinkle them on my other food or mix them into a recipe. I eat tons of raw salads.

Try a little of what you would like to eat, see how it goes. Chew everything up well. You will be fine. Enjoy your food:) 

Reply by Nobagjerz, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:25 pm

I graze so when I get hungry I cut a small peace of bacon 🥓 or a small peace of cooked turkey breast or a bowl of captain crunch.after a wile you’re stoma will relax if you slow down your intake of food.i don’t wear a pouch I go evening and early morning regular ever since I slowed down the intake.hope you try to get past the hunger feeling.servival 101 hunger and thirst is the same signal to the brain 🧠.drink water 💦 blocks out hunger.kemo from Baltimore 

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:25 am

How can you go without waring anything? Never could I do that.. Victoria 

Reply by Nobagjerz, on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:30 am

first thing I said to myself when I woke up from being cut in half was I wanted to walk around like a normal person which was a dream to me that was not going to happen.how ever when I saw my asshole on my stomach and crap 💩 comming out of me.two rounds of kemo one round of radiation.food and alcohol 🍺 over load .i said to myself how do you figure out how much food you really need to eat.in second and third world countries people wake up wash walk to town work all day long come home eat one small meal a day and start over the next day.we hear in the USA eat three times a day plus snacks and sodas milk 🥛.hello I don’t have a Collin my guts carry my food.when I eat my guts move.if you want to slow the out put you have to make a void that you can control.most people have a morning and evening timing built in natural.how every when you cut off the poop 💩 storage bin signals to the brain and old blood vessels and nerves are mixed up.i eat a granola bar for breakfast and a small meal around mid day evening captain crunch for later evening.one glass of V8.pleanty of coffee and ice cream 🍦.vanela.

Reply by Morning glory , on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:08 pm

NBJ,    Interesting. You must have a colostomy instead of an ileostomy. Am I right in assuming this?

Reply by zanzi1, on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:22 pm

eggs, potatoes, peanut butter, pasta. beans. Things will change as time goes on. Don't forget to drink lots of fluids since you won't be absorbing much salt , vitamins and minerals.

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:46 am

Thank you I’m doing that all but beans I’m afraid to eat stuff always have gas and cramps and stress maybe the problem to,? I noticed that every thing hurt to how about you? But I font exercise enough to it’s been a lot but I gotta be ok and I’m going to pray for some relief I’m up late again need to sleep and my stomach hurts idk it really sucks, it will get better  Victoria 

Reply by zanzi1, on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:52 am

You don't say how long you've had your ostomy but if you're having cramps, pain, etc.. I would certainly speak to your doctor about this. One of the things I was so grateful for was after I had my ileostomy over 40 years ago I didn't have any pain except when I had an intestinal blockage which can be very serious. Don't ignore any symptoms. Hope your feel better.

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:18 am
Thank you how about scar tissue and cramps I’m on bentyl and I’m on nauseous meds and pain meds I had 3 surgeries in a year Jan and I don’t move around enough to I’m weak I’m going to start therapy again physical and I’m thinking gas really can hurt and scar tissue anyone know about that? I have a lot and I have a lot of out put so thank god I pray a lot and want to feel good I always was in cramps pain or something uncomfortable since 2013 4 surgeries first one oct 22 2013 then June 15th and June 30th went sepsis was so sick 😢then got ileostomy sorry first surgery was colostomy ,,,,,,,then butt and colon and large and small of my small in Jan 2018 and new stoma and moved ileostomy.. went sepsis was so sick almost died 😢2 times and had to go through a lot and now I’m here blabbing away sorry thank you hope your well 😇🙏Victoria
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.