Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,228 members

Ileostomy and snacking

Posted by Nobagjerz, on Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:20 am

hello sweetheart I’m ileostomy and love the color red on women.i only have one meal mid day graz on granola.your system slows down if you’re input slows your timing slows. I go once or twice a day very little. I stay moving around here all day long.i keep a hand full of toy let paper over my stoma to catch.hot water cleanse the best.the bags gave me a red ring problem from the glues to your skin.the more you eat the more you go.kemo looking back at you from Baltimore Maryland 

Reply by Donz14, on Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:41 am

Try eating bananas. They fill you up and are easy on the stomach. I also can't eat much raw fruit as it goes straight through and apple skin and orange pith are really hard to chew up so can cause a blockage. But bananas are fine, I eat one every day and no problems at all. Good luck and remember chew everything really well and drink lots of water Smile

Reply by Nobagjerz, on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:07 am

Hi from Baltimore.bananas are the antidote to the kemo therapies.green bananas that have just slightly turned yellow have the most healthy benefit.when they turn yellow they loose their enzymes and they turn to sweet and sticky not good. Monkeys and gorillas eat the green bananas with just a little yellow up by the stems.try one the younger chimps eat the yellow because the sugar.sugar makes your stools lose and sticky.once you tasted a solid meaty green banana that is just starting a get sweet you won’t eat any yellow bananas again.i eat a lot of granola V8 juice cheese and no red meat stakes are not good .hope things are good for you in your part of the world.kemo from Baltimore 

Reply by Silveradokid, on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:40 pm

My go-to snack is peeled and sliced apple wedges dipped in strawberry or blueberry yogurt. Yum...

Reply by Magnum, on Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:53 am

After 4years and 4 major operations and having a illiostomy 2 year's I have found the foods that I digest and those I dont, I am obviously a meat eater and not a grass grazer , I find raw fruits and cooked veg don't digest plus all the usual nuts , mushroom, sweetcorn, etc . I get round the fruit by drinking fruit smoothies and vegetables cooked well soft and mashed or liquidiser and made into a nice gravy . But like everyone says the answer to eating most things is chew chew chew after a while it becomes normal to chew everything to pulp , I was told by my stoma team enjoy most things in moderation and chew chew chew 

Reply by Darturbo, on Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:35 pm

It will be two years in July since my colon was removed. I can feel very hungry at times, I eat more protein but I also eat anything and everything. Some times I think the hunger is the need for more fluids. I take imodium everyday but I have not really had any issues regarding things I can not eat. I think people are scared into believing their diet will be so very restricted they will not enjoy things they ate all their lives, unless you try things you will never known.

Reply by Nobagjerz, on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:26 pm

We can eat anything.its a matter of how long you want to clean 🧽 out your bags '.i don’t want to be cleaning out sticky louse crap '.your crap is what you eat.horses crap ' picks up easily.our crap ' sticks to anything bag ' like.have fun.kemo jerz from Baltimore.

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Lolbyes we have to eat and have to clean our bags out and we have to live with something we are alive thank god victoria

Reply by Nobagjerz, on Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:49 am

I eat light so I don’t have to clean 🧽 out a bag '.and I’m alive and I love womon in red.

Reply by honestabe, on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Ileostomy to colostomy! Eat everything! Prolapsed stoma! About to see my surgeon!

Reply by 253Stephanie, on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:33 pm

Sound like me. I ate an apple and got a blockage that hospitalized me for a week. And then pineapple did the same but for three days. And I process food suuuppper fast like 20 minutes fast. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on white bread. I put peanut butter on thick.

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi did you see your surgeon about the prolapsed stoma? I have one as well and they said just make flange big and watch it, if changed colors and out put is good! I’m sad 😢 I did to much to do it!

Reply by honestabe, on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 pm

A year ago, surgeon just said to watch it and make sure color is good! Am going back on dating sites  and think I will have it reduced! Don’t want to freak the girls out!

Reply by Llama Momma, on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:13 pm
NewlifeVictoria wrote:

Thank you I’m doing that all but beans I’m afraid to eat stuff always have gas and cramps and stress maybe the problem to,? I noticed that every thing hurt to how about you? But I font exercise enough to it’s been a lot but I gotta be ok and I’m going to pray for some relief I’m up late again need to sleep and my stomach hurts idk it really sucks, it will get better  Victoria 

❤️

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.