Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,226 members

Travelling

Posted by paulaAZ, on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:43 pm
GraphX12 wrote:

Thank you for posting the blue card link paulaAZ!

You are more than welcome, GraphX12.  I have used it a few times when going through security and like I said when I am going through the scanner and not the metal detector.  

Reply by Cheekymonkey111, on Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:24 am

Just a quick update following my short trip away. All went well no real issues i did get stopped on my way back and was asked what my pouch was. The airport security were happy to do a quick swab then i was on my way.

So relieved with it being my first travelling experience since my op hopefully the beginning of many more adventues

Again thanks to everyone for there great advice

Reply by paulaAZ, on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:58 am

That is great news, Cheekymonkey ... glad it went so well.  You are on your way to many more exciting and fun-filled trips!  

Paula

Reply by GraphX12, on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Congratulations Cheekymonkey, glad things went well! Getting that 1st one under your belt is the hard one. I've only had 1 bad experience flying and that was when I was stuck in the customs line for 2 1/2 hours with a full bag. Only 2 customs agents handling everyone, and they were NOT in a hurry to get us through.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:15 pm

Awesome Monkey! 

I would suspect that the agents at the airport are happy to move us along verses dealing with a bag of poop! I bet if they had one leak in their area, that would be the last time they ever stop you! LOL 

Puppyluv

Reply by William15, on Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 am
Hi, since having my ileostomy several years ago, I have travelled many times, in Europe, and between Europe USA and Mexico.
I have never experienced a problem being scanned at any airport,or any other problems during my trips. I always request an aisle seat for easy access bathroom breaks and to stretch my legs, I always keep a spare pouch/wipes etc in my pocket for an emergency change, which, to date, I have never used. I always use the bathroom before landing, in case of queues on arrival. Before, and during travelling I eat lightly and avoid fizzy drinks.
I have a mini booklet, written in worldwide languages, explaining about stoma factors, which you can present at the host destination, at the appropriate page. I have never needed to use my booklet.
I am much more relaxed about travelling now, than I was in the beginning.
Happy travels!

William
Reply by Puppyluv56, on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:08 am

William,

your post has some great tips for travelers! I really like the book with Ostomy info in different languages. Plan to travel to Europe next year so may have to look into getting something like that! 

Thanks, 

Puppyluv

Reply by homelvigv, on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:35 pm
I love the 🐵 and donald duck cute
Reply by Cheekymonkey111, on Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:53 am

thanks home xx

Reply by Happydays2018, on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:28 pm
Heyy cheeky monkey you and how are you?? I bet your feeling million times better now though after your operation!? I’ve had mine for over a year.. I travel to Spain a lot and no issues at all.. I first worried that my bag would inflate due to pressure in airplane but ...it did not!! You’ll be fine lovely!!!! Oh yes, you’ll never being naked again!! Is tha5 a good thing or bad!? God bless...
Reply by Cheekymonkey111, on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:41 am

Thanks for the kind words happy. I am feeling much better now since the op almost 6 months post op and im used to it all and it feels like i had it forever. Been lucky I have had minimal issues with it so far. You were right about travelling I didnt have any issues at the airport all went smoothly.

As for not being naked again i am on a regular basis no issues with that either lol

Reply by honestabe, on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:16 pm
Hello, steve
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.