Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 20,012 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 20,012 OstoMates.

Free Member

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:19 pm

Is it possible to contact with other members if you have free account?

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:42 pm

It is limited. You can answer if they contact you I think! 

Pup

Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Accessories
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:45 pm
Puppyluv56 wrote:

It is limited. You can answer if they contact you I think! 

Pup

Thanks for the reply!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 pm

If you're a paid member, can you see when people were recently active? It just seems so filled with ghosts here? 

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:02 am
withed wrote:

If you're a paid member, can you see when people were recently active? It just seems so filled with ghosts here? 

I have the same feeling... Sad

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:27 pm

I am a paid member and I just started using this website to meet people like me (ostomy wise) I am pretty fearful of the other websites like eharmony, cupid, etc because of the reaction of other people when I mention that I have an ileostomy. Hopefully it will not be ghostlike too much longer and people start coming out of their shells.

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:00 pm
tamtam47 wrote:

I am a paid member and I just started using this website to meet people like me (ostomy wise) I am pretty fearful of the other websites like eharmony, cupid, etc because of the reaction of other people when I mention that I have an ileostomy. Hopefully it will not be ghostlike too much longer and people start coming out of their shells.

You're free to write me if you like for things ileostomy related.

Curious though if people actually use this platform for seriously looking for a match? Are there even succes stories so far? I just use Tinder for 'online' dating. Paid dating sites just feel like a scam to be honest in how they're set-up.

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi tamtam47,

I'm the same way.  I’m brand new to all of this after 20 years of marriage!  I haven’t a clue how to start approaching another possible relationship.  I’ve had my illeostomy for 20 years and hated it at first... it’s been a long rough journey.  The illeostomy was the end result of an abdominal tumor.  Long story short... I complained of back pain, reuquested an MRI, found tumor, aggressive radiation and chemo to prevent death/paralysis (tumor was wrapped around spine, kidneys, large intestine).  Large intestine went necrotic, went into septic shock and coma.  After 2 weeks in coma, came back and discovered that I had an illeostomy.  Had no idea what it was 😋.  Then the mental anguish came for quite some time, but eventually subsided. I’m cool with it now 

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:04 pm

BTW, if you ever want to chat, I’m an open book and can describe my experiences with the illeostomy and about myself in general and background.  I just recently found this forum... I wish I had this back in 1999!  It’s nice to know that you are not alone in all this.  -Rusd

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi Russ, it is absolutely important to know that all of us on this site is really helpful and know the ins and outs of having an ostomy, whether it is colostomy, ileostomy or urology.

Please feel free to message me or chat. 

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:33 am

There have been some success stories on here, but not many. Keep putting yourself out there. Search your city for a match. Try the chat room. Just say hi and maybe you will get a biter.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.