Free member

In this discussion
Replies
Views
St_boy

Is it possible to contact with other members if you have free account?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Puppyluv56

It is limited. You can answer if they contact you I think!

Pup

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
St_boy

Thanks for the reply!

Past Member

If you're a paid member, can you see when people were recently active? It just seems so filled with ghosts here?

St_boy

I have the same feeling... :(

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
tamtam47

I am a paid member and I just started using this website to meet people like me (ostomy wise) I am pretty fearful of the other websites like eharmony, cupid, etc because of the reaction of other people when I mention that I have an ileostomy. Hopefully it will not be ghostlike too much longer and people start coming out of their shells.

Past Member

You're free to write me if you like for things ileostomy related.

Curious though if people actually use this platform for seriously looking for a match? Are there even succes stories so far? I just use Tinder for 'online' dating. Paid dating sites just feel like a scam to be honest in how they're set-up.

Russ

Hi tamtam47,

I'm the same way. I'm brand new to all of this after 20 years of marriage! ;I haven't a clue how to start approaching another possible relationship. I've had my illeostomy for 20 years and hated it at first... it's been a long rough journey. The illeostomy was the end result of an abdominal tumor. Long story short... I complained of back pain, reuquested an ;MRI, found tumor, aggressive radiation and chemo to prevent death/paralysis (tumor was wrapped around spine, kidneys, large intestine). Large intestine went necrotic, went into septic shock and coma. After 2 weeks in coma, came back and discovered that I had an illeostomy. Had no idea what it was . Then the mental anguish came for quite some time, but eventually subsided. I'm cool with it now

Russ

BTW, if you ever want to chat, I'm an open book and can describe my experiences with the illeostomy and about myself in general and background. I just recently found this forum... I wish I had this back in 1999! ;It's nice to know that you are not alone in all this. -Rusd

tamtam47

Hi Russ, it is absolutely important to know that all of us on this site is really helpful and know the ins and outs of having an ostomy, whether it is colostomy, ileostomy or urology.

Please feel free to message me or chat.

xnine

There have been some success stories on here, but not many. Keep putting yourself out there. Search your city for a match. Try the chat room. Just say hi and maybe you will get a biter.

I poop

Hey there tamatam

Puppyluv56

Yep, I always wonder about people thinking this is a dating site. It certainly isn't, not that some matches haven't Been made! Lol just a nice place to talk with people about pooing! Lol so much information here! If it turns out it is a dating site, my hubby is going to be mad! Haha!

Pup

Past Member

Nothing as romantic as changing each other's ostomy bag under candlelight, right?

Puppyluv56

Hahaha, really! Too funny!