Advertisement
ConvaTec - Accessories
Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,950 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,950 OstoMates.

What Are The Tips To Finish Our Writing Works Before The Date Of Submission?

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:14 am

Writing will be interesting to those who have good writing skill. They do not feel writing as work. They will enjoy writing essays as it is their passion. Others may find writing as a very difficult task. They will feel like it is very hard to finish the writing work on time. However, by following certain tips we can make writing a more interesting task. This will help us to complete our works in a faster way. Some of the things that steal our time to write in a faster way are given as follows:
1. Assign a specific time to be spent on writing. We have to use this time fully for the purpose of writing. No other activities should be done during this time. This will help us to give more focus on writing.
2. We spent a lot of time on entertainment activities and games. We have to cut short this time and spend it on other useful activities. This time can be used for writing the essays.
3. We have to start our work much before the date of submission. Last minute writing of the essay will spoil our work. We have to start at least two weeks before the date of submission. This will give enough time to collect all the data needed and arrange them into a good essay.
4. Set a goal. Here we have to set a time limit within which we have to complete a certain part of the work. We should put our maximum effort to finish our task within that time limit. In the beginning, we may find it a little hard to achieve this goal. But we will become successful if we regularly try for it.
These are some of the tips to complete our writing works within a given time. We can even take the help of an essay service who will assist us in writing the essay.

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Hello WilliC. 

The four tips you mention can be most useful for organising the writing of your own essays.

However, the suggestion of using an 'essay service'  smacks of cheating, especially in the academic field. 

I have been asked many times if I would become part of such a service and I have declined on the grounds that it seems unethical to get someone else to write for you.

How will you ever learn how  to write if you farm it out to someone else?

Practice makes perfect. If you practice cheating, then presumably you will get better at it as you get older and cheating is what your reputation will utlimately consist of.

Best wishes

Bill  

Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Accessories
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi WilliC. I will advise you to heed Bill’s advice for he is as skilled as anyone in the art of writing among other aspects of life and living. I’ll just lend a couple of my own thoughts. Depending on why and to whom we’re writing, it could be an uncomfortable chore or a pleasure. I write because it’s the way we communicate with each other here and I dislike using a phone. I try to write the words I would speak if I was using a phone recognizing the reader doesn’t see any hand waving, eyebrow raising, frowning or any other body language we typically use to more effectively communicate. The key is communication. We need to identify why we’re writing, to whom we’re writing and the timing necessary to effectively and respectfully offer our message. It it’s a school project or an essay to evaluate our writing skills or our familiarity with a subject, then it gets way more complicated. If I thought you were going to grade my reply I might be more concerned with grammar, syntax and spelling and I would feel pressured. Here I feel like I’m just talking to you and hoping my offering might be of some help.
Wish you the best,
Mike

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:20 am

Hello WilliC.
Having re-read your post I am inclined to agree with Mike that writing is about communication.
Mike has adequately covered the subject of communicating socially with others through the medium of writing, so I’ll skip that aspect to focus on academic work.

In your original four tips you use the terminology ‘WE HAVE TO’ in order to emphasise your points.
Clearly in life we don’t ‘have to’ do anything if we don’t want to and sometimes, we don’t get our work completed simply because we don’t want to.
In the distant past I spent a few years helping PhD students motivate themselves to finish off their academic projects to the satisfaction of the examiners.
My theory was that these flagging students seemed to be focussing on what other people wanted from them, rather than what they wanted for and from themselves. There are so many other, more interesting things to distract a writer from his/her task, if that writer is not sufficiently interested or motivated towards the task at hand.
My cynical view was that these students were not motivated to do the work because all they really wanted was the certificate to say that they had finished.
My theory included the concept that throughout their formative academic years they had been told /taught what they ought to learn. This meant that they needed to remember and recall what other people had previously found out in order to pass their regular exams. Unfortunately, this remember/ recall technique was of little use to them in their PhD studies where there was an expectation that they would think for themselves and come up with something original and new in their writing.
It was my job to teach them how to ‘think’!
(for themselves, rather than having someone else thinking for them and then ‘teaching’ or ‘telling’ them what they considered to be the ‘right’ answers).
In order to formulate one’s own, ‘individual’ answers, one needs to be asking one’s own questions and it is this aspect that I helped them focus upon. Formulating one’s own questions necessitates an individual to ‘want’ to ask them in the first place and that can be a major motivating factor to finding their own answers.
Writing up their findings became so much easier and more interesting because, in effect, they were communicating with themselves on subjects they were interested in, rather than subjects they felt obliged to study in order to get a dubious authenticating certificate.
Obviously, the techniques I advocated for asking questions had been developed over some considerable time and would be too complex to explain here.
However, the principles of thinking for one’s self are basic common-sense, and in my opinion might be better to learn for a person’s long-term, life-education, than remembering and recalling subjects for curriculum requirements and examinations that they may never use again outside their classroom setting.
Just a thought!
Best wishes
Bill

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.