Need help finding an opaque, flat stoma area ostomy bag?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses recommendations and experiences with finding an opaque, flat stoma area ostomy bag.
Gemd

I had a free sample of a Coloplast Sensura Mio one-piece and looooove it, except it was transparent which I hate. So I tried to order the opaque version and got a convex bag where it is convex by the stoma hole. Then I contacted Coloplast and talked to someone at length and discussed my issues, and she said she had the ideal bag. Cue....more opaque Sensura Mio with a convex part. My stoma sticks out but not majorly, very little tummy bulge around the stoma, slight change in shape of skin when I bend but not an actual crease or fold of my skin where the bag goes, just a mild ripple. But....I was using Hollister opaque one-piece and they leaked. In fact, I leaked through 2 bags this a.m. So Coloplast said try these bags, the convex ones. Seems to me that would add extra gaps for my poo to leak out from? Any clue what model # the opaque Sensura Mio with a flat stoma area is called?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

iMacG5

Hi Gemd.  I'm not sure the young lady you spoke with fully understood your situation.  There's so much stuff available for so many different needs.  I would try again and, if not satisfied, call the other manufacturers like Convatec.

Let us know how you make out.

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Puppyluv56

Gem,

Did you ever try the case of Convatec two-piece that I sent to you? I liked them while I was using them and they lasted a long time! I do like the Coloplast two-piece better ONLY because of the pouch. It is more heavy-duty and it is a gray color with peepholes so I can see my stoma! Not sure what the representative was trying to direct you to. My stoma does not stick out a long way either and not on a crease, and I use the Coloplast SenSura Mio flange 10502. It is 3/8-1 3/8. I cut them for a better fit! Then the ClickMostomy pouch 11462. The click is not as good as the Convatec two-piece that I sent to you, but overall, I like them better and got 17 days out of one pouch one time but now change after 8 or 10 days!

Superme

I think a convex gasket is the way to go. I have one in Convatec and I use a two-piece gasket/bag, and before I put that on, I use Eakin seals to give extra protection. My pouches are opaque, but what I don't like is that they make so much crinkling noise. But I still feel it's the best option.

Puppyluv56

I have used both Convetec and Coloplast pouches. The material on the outside of the Convetec seems to mute the noise but after a few days, it looks like an old sweater with picks on it. The Coloplast is sturdier but not real fond of the click system. Not sure what you mean by convex gasket type. Will have to look that up!

Puppy

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Puppyluv56

Ok. Just the closure like a sandwich bag! Lol I like that flange so much better as well, just wish Convatec had a better pouch.

Pup